Chapter 3

"He looks so much like his father."

Ouranos - Kronos - Aidoneus

A little boy grew up happily on Mount Othrys with his beautiful sisters and Titaness mother, Rhea

A little boy grew up happily on Mount Othrys with his beautiful sisters and Titaness mother, Rhea. Rhea has brought up her children amongst the nature of the mountain, away from her husband's cold palace on the summit of the mountain. Her daughters would play, tease and spoil their little brother. They adore him. Despite their undivided affection and attention, the little boy remained gentle and kind.

Rhea's husband was the Titan king, Kronos. He was an impressive ruler, until madness starts to eat him away. Madness brought upon by paranoia of a prophecy – he shall be deposed by his offspring. Rhea had felt secured before as she had only bore daughters – Hestia, Demeter and Hera. She had managed to convince her husband that daughters held no threat to him and his throne. But on the birth of their first-born son, the just king began to show signs of cruelty. Rhea has managed to subdue her husband murderous plots with her sweet persuasions. But the longer their son lived, the more savage her husband became, until it became too unbearable to live in the palace with him. She knew it was only a matter of time for her husband to come and take their children away from her.

"Mother, look. That's you!" exclaimed the excited little boy, pointing up to the heavens. The handsome little boy lay down on his back, his pale skin luminous in the moonlight. "Precious Aidoneus, what a smart boy you are. Yes, my love. That's the Milky Way," said the boy's mother, brushing his jet-black hair away from his sharp face. He beamed, she kissed the back of his palm. He looks so much like his father, Rhea thought to herself.

"You love stargazing, my love?" Rhea asked her only son. He looked up to his fair mother and nodded. She pulled him to lie down on her lap. Her long golden hair tickled his nose; he giggled. "Why do you love it so, Aidoneus?" she asked, cupping his cheek in her hands. "They relax me," he answered. "Aren't you a serious little thing. What a wise old soul you are, my love," she said as she kissed her son's forehead. "I must thank my brother Kreios for making my son so happy," Rhea said softly, the little happy boy smiled brightly.

Heavy footsteps shook the earth. "Rhea!" a booming voice called out.

"Aidoneus, my love. Hide!" alarm gripped Rhea's voice. "But mother, I don't want to leave you," said the little boy. "No buts, precious. Go!" Rhea pushed the back of the little boy. He scrambled to run and hide. He turned to look at his mother, she blew him a kiss.

"Rhea!" the booming voice continue. "Yes, my love," the Titaness answered.

"Rhea," the voice changed to sweet, with a sigh of relief. The Titan king embraced his queen. "I miss you, my love. The palace, and our bed, feels so cold and empty without you, wife. Come home with me. Please." Kronos voice, and eyes pleading. He kissed a thousand longing kisses all wrapped into one intense kiss on his wife's lips. "Just me, my lord husband?" Rhea tested.