Chapter 49

"Adonis, my prince, come look. We need these kind of loam for the crops to grow," Persephone said as she handed the black soft soil to Adonis. He merely peeked at the dirt in her hands, and nodded weakly; she understood his disinterest. Persephone slowly drew back her hands, and pounded the dirt gently into the ground. 

"It's too bad that we don't have a lot of these soil here in Hellas, but the spring rain certainly helped bring the fallow ground back into production," she continued, more to herself. 

"What was that, love?" Adonis asked, a bright smile on his face. Persephone smiled back, masking the forlornness that she suddenly felt in her heart. What do you expect from a warrior prince? she asked herself, biting on her lower lip.

But Aidoneus...

Adonis lifted his bottom off of the ground, and crawled on his hands and knees towards the Spring Goddess. "I like it when you impart your divine wisdom," he said on her skin, as he kissed her glistening neck. 

Persephone raised an eyebrow, ignoring the smug grin on his face. "But clearly it is lost to you," she scoffed playfully, Adonis laughed. 

"I'm sorry, my love. I was never a keen student," he said, as he continued to pepper her neck with soft kisses.

"That's a shame. Knowledge is power," the Lady of Flowers replied sweetly, the sadness in her tone went amiss with Adonis. 

"I agree," Adonis concurred, licking the thin sheen of saltiness off of her pretty neck. 

"And yet when knowledge is presented to you, you disregarded it so blatantly," Persephone countered, frustrated. 

"I prefer the power of the body, rather than the power of the brain," he said, planting light pecks on her lips. 

"Surely power in might and mind are best?" she sighed, she narrowed her eyes as she glared at him. 

"Certainly goddess. Alas, no one is that perfect," Adonis answered incredulously, Persephone caught his mocking tone.