Chapter 32

The moment Persephone's feet touched the soft earth outside the Telesterion, she jumped up and down gleefully. "I did it!" she squealed, clapping her hands. 

"Yes, you did," he chuckled, winking at his wife. Persephone wrapped her arms around Hades, resting her chin on his chest as she looked up at him. 

"Thank you for believing in me," she said gently, her emerald eyes sparkled. 

"I have never doubted you, wife," he said happily, kissing her forehead.

"I can't believe that I am in the Upperworld with you! You are here with me, at my childhood home!" Persephone said excitedly. 

"The first of many visits," Hades winked, smiling his godly half-smile. 

"Oh?!" Persephone squealed as her eyes widened and her hands covered her mouth, giddy with elation at the promise. She jumped into his arms, and caught his lips with hers. When they broke their kiss, Persephone took Hades' hand and led him to the temenos

"Where are we going, my flower?" he asked with a smile, "Come, husband," she said as she pulled him towards the cave near the Telesterion. 

"To the Gates of Hades?" Hades asked curiously.

Upon entering the cave, he stood shocked to see what was once an empty cavern has been filled. "The mortals named it The Ploutonion now," Persephone's voice almost a whisper, Hades stunned. The chamber was filled with offerings for him

Hades stood before a statue of him, carved out of cypress wood; he studied it. "Do I look like him?" he asked Persephone, arching an amused brow. 

"None at all," Persephone replied with a giggle, Hades smirked. 

"But he has been a good listener," she added, and Hades looked at her curiously; Persephone blushed. "Sometimes I come here when I know the cave will be empty, and talk to him," avoiding Hades' eyes as she said it. 

"I'm sure I'm a better listener than him," he said gently with a smile, drawing Persephone close to him. 

"Oh, there is no doubt, husband, that you are the best listener," she said softly, snuggling up to him; Hades chuckled.