Chapter 24

🌹💀

As Demeter flashed herself back to Enna, she had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. "Kore!" she shouted to the silence. She ran into the stone sanctuary, to find it dark and empty. "Kore!" she shouted again, as she fell on her knees. Her forehead on the soft soil, her hands pulling on the green grass. "Kore," she whispered to the ground, the earth moistened by her tears. "Kore!" she shouted, as her body shot upwards, pulling off the grass in her hands from the ground. Her wrath shot out of her and the lush greenery around her shrivelled and withered. Demeter cried herself to sleep.

Dawn broke, and Demeter awoke from her restless sleep. She got up in desperation, and she continued to look for her lost daughter. Her search brought her to the chasm in the earth, her whole body trembled. 

What's this? Is this because of my daughter? Kore dearest, where are you? her internal questions were driving her mad. An azure spring sprouted from the earth near the chasm, Demeter touched the cooling water. She screamed at the top of her lungs when she felt divine powers in the waters.

A god has taken her! she seethed. It couldn't be him, could it? This azure spring is so pure. The revelation made her even more determined to search for her beloved daughter.

She roamed the lands, and visited many inhabited parts of the world. She even kindled torches in the crates of Mount Aitna, undaunted by the fact that Typhos was imprisoned deep under it; in hopes that her lost Kore could find her way home if she saw the lights burning for her.