Chapter 15

Demeter had flashed Persephone and herself out of Olympus and into – a paradise

Demeter had flashed Persephone and herself out of Olympus and into – a paradise. Persephone was surprise and happy when her feet landed on fertile soil. She looked around her; they were on high ground and green rolled around them for miles and miles. Persephone gasped, her hands over her mouth. Nysa has been beautiful, but this is – a kingdom of heaven, she thought to herself. A buzzing tingling feeling felt all over in her body as nature's life force course through her. Her body felt recharged, though her heart is still in deep sorrow. She dreads to think what is in the stars for her next.

"Kore, come here!" Demeter's voice manic. Persephone turned to her mother, and had just noticed a stone sanctuary behind her. "Where are we, mother?" she asked but Demeter ignored her. "Mother, where in Tartarus are we?" she repeated her question more aggressively.

Demeter spun around to face Persephone, her face is now contorted. "Tartarus? Is this how you talk to your mother now? Now that you're a full-fledged goddess, you think you can talk to your mother that way? Do you think you are better than me now? I am one of the Six Traitors; I battled Titans. One evening with that beast and now you are being disrespectful to me. Do you see now how bad of an influence he is?" Demeter shrieked.

Persephone closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. She spoke slowly, "I ask you again, mother dearest, where are we?"

"Why? So that you can tell him where to find you?" Demeter sneered, Persephone shocked. Hot angry tears stung her eyes. "Why are we here, mother? What happened?" Persephone asked, her body clearly shaking. Demeter still ignoring her daughter, Persephone grew desperate. "Mother! Even those who were flung into Tartarus knew why they are there. Those sentenced to death knew why they were given that sentence. If I am to be... imprisoned here, I should know why!" she shouted to her mother.

"So that I can keep you safe! He's coming for you. I need to keep you safe. You are the only one that matters to me, Kore. I need to keep you safe, away from him," Demeter said in between heavy sobs.

Persephone softened. She reached out for her mother and hugged her tightly. She held Demeter until her heavy sobs subsided. "Mother, you need to tell me. Why are we here? What is happening?" she asked as she cupped Demeter's face in her hands. Demeter's lips trembled.