Chapter 12

"Where are you going, little flower goddess?" asked the Sun God; Persephone winced

"Where are you going, little flower goddess?" asked the Sun God; Persephone winced. "I'm tired, Apollo. I wish to retire to my chambers," Persephone said, trying to keep her voice upbeat. "What, so soon?" Apollo said, grabbing her shoulder; Persephone gave him a tired smile.

"Apollo, you are the God of Knowledge. If you wish to continue to insult my sense, and yours, any further, I wish you would cease and make yourself scarce in my presence. You don't need to be a fool to be my friend, brother," Persephone's honeyed voice said sweetly.

The Sun God's face turned red like the setting sun, fury ablaze in his chest. He had never been patronised by a minor goddess before; he is one of the Dodekatheon, for Fates' sake. "What did you say?" he asked through gritted teeth. Without missing a beat, Persephone said sweetly, "I only meant that because you are the God of Knowledge and Oracles, it would be a shame to not pick a stimulus out of you."

Apollo was rendered speechless; he stood in front of Persephone open-mouthed. Persephone smiled at him, and turned to exit the Great Hall.

"My Lady Persephone," he called. Persephone turned to face Apollo. She noticed that Hades was watching them from the Kings' Table. "Yes, Apollo?" she answered sweetly. "May I?" his voice unsure. Persephone smiled and he proceeded to walk beside Persephone to her bedchambers. Together, they walked in silence until they reached their destination.

Both deities stood in front of the massive double oak doors to Persephone's bedchambers. "Thank you for escorting me, Apollo," Persephone said softly. "How about that stimulus, my lady?" Apollo said, with a wicked smirk on his face. The back of his fingers grazed up and down her exposed spine; Persephone shuddered out of disgust.

"No, Apollo," Persephone said firmly, trying to push the Sun God away. Her emerald eyes widened with fear when she saw the ungodly expression on his face. He pressed his godly body on her frame. Persephone was now pinned in between the heavy door and the heavy god. "Apollo, please," she pleaded. She tried to reach out to her back to fight Apollo, but Apollo caught both of her hands and pinned them to the door. He used his legs to kick Persephone's leg to spread wider, and he hold them in place with his strong legs. Persephone was trapped.

"Not so smart-mouthed now, little goddess? Wit is unappealing in a goddess, especially in a minor one," he whispered dangerously in her ear. He inhaled Persephone's hair. "Mm... what is that? Lilies? Is it because you are excited? No, not excited. You are scared," he whispered menacingly. "I wonder, little goddess, what do you smell like when you are lustful for me? Shall I find out?" he growled, his hand reaching down to Persephone's skirts. Persephone could feel his hard length grinding behind her, her heart sank to the pit of her stomach.

"What do you think you are doing, Phoebus?!" a booming voice came from behind, a strong hand grabbed Apollo's broad shoulder and pulled him back. Apollo staggered backwards. Consumed by rage, he threw his hard fist, but it stopped at an inch from the Lord of the Dead's sharp nose. Apollo straightened up. "None of your business, Your Grace," he hissed.