Chapter 16

Hades had arrived in paradise

Hades had arrived in paradise. The familiar sweet scent of violets greeted him. He can't help but smile widely. Of all the places in Sikelia, she's here, he thought happily. He looked towards the cliffs. Rolling green as far as the eyes can see. The green seemed to fall off of the cliffs and down to cover the rest of Sikelia. Enna, he thought happily as he took a deep breath. Once, he had thought that this place held a significance for him. Fates, he chuckled.

"Hades?" came a sweet honeyed voice from behind him, he turned. Persephone stood in front of him, in shock. She was wearing a black chiton, her auburn hair and her skirts billowing in the night's breeze. Black. "The queen may be in a dark place in her mind," Morpheus words repeated in his head. "Persephone," he called out to her softly, but she just stared at him, unmoved.

"My flower," he called again, his hand reaching out to her.

"Are you in my dreams or are you really here?" Persephone asked anxiously. "This is your dream, my flower. But I am really here," he said softly, with a wide smile on his face. Persephone ran towards Hades, and threw herself into his arms. She buried her face in his chest, inhaling his sweet spicy scent deeply. Her fingers melted into his raven waves, her face wet from her tears. Hades held her tightly in his embrace.

Persephone looked up to gaze at Hades, her hand caressed his cheek softly. "I have never seen you smile like this," she said, smiling at him. "Nobody has, my flower. Only you," Hades replied, still smiling brightly as he bent down to kiss her. Persephone deepened the kiss, he moaned.

When they broke their kiss, Hades brush away Persephone's hair from her beautiful face. "I thought that my wife-to-be is still angry with me?" Hades said, touching the tip of her nose lightly. "I am. I am kissing you angrily," she said, and she reached to kiss Hades with fervour. Hades smiled, Persephone could feel his smile on her lips.

Persephone pulled away from their kiss, her tone more serious this time, "Hades, what is happening?" Hades rubbed her cheek with his thumb. "I'm sorry, Persephone. I meant to tell you earlier, at the right moment," he sighed. "And what moment will that be?" she asked slowly. "I thought we had more time on Olympus. I thought I could tell you... when I proposed to you," his voice was barely a whisper. Persephone's jaw dropped, she blushed a deep shade of red. "But I was too consumed with my shortcomings, and then, this happened. I'm sorry, my love. I am so, so sorry," Hades said as he pulled Persephone back into his arms. Their arms wound around each other tightly. Persephone lay the side of her face on Hades' chest, she could hear his heart beating steadily.