Chapter 35

Hades read a long parchment of papyrus, his face was of intense concentration. A war had begun in Thebes between Eteocles and Polynices in regards of the throne of Thebes. Countless soldiers and innocents were dead, and the uncle to both princes, King Kreon, was adamant in his refusal to allow the burial of the dead. Maidens have been sacrificed to appease him, the Lord of the Dead, but Kreon was still unyielding. How do I deal with this mortal? Hades deep in thought.

Suddenly, a pair of slender arms wrapped around him. The fresh woodsy smell of mint, matching his earthy cypress scent, touched his nose. 

"Minthe," Hades growled quietly. He had tried to avoid Minthe like the plague these past weeks, but she had been relentless in her pursuit of him. In Hades' mind, he tolerated Minthe as Persephone was very fond of her, and he does not want to upset his wife.

"You look so handsome and wise when you are thinking," Minthe purred, her fingers traced the sharp lines of his face. 

Hades grabbed her hand and squeezed it by the wrist, "Hands off," he hissed. Minthe fake pouted and smiled, and yanked her hand out of Hades' grasp. 

"Killjoy," she sneered. She moved to sit on the edge of the table in front of him; her legs spread open, each resting on the armrests of Hades' klismos, the view to her secret spot easily accessible. Hades stood up abruptly, his klismos fell backwards to the floor. His hands balled into tight fists on his sides. 

"Minthe, I've tolerated you long enough. This is my last warning. Cease this," Hades said through gritted teeth, Minthe smirked.

"My wife, your revered queen-" Minthe scoffed but Hades continued, "-is very fond of you, so I have indulged you, offered you some clemency. But this is it. Any more, and you are no longer welcome here. Ever." 

Minthe narrowed her eyes, glaring at her king. "Well, if you had given me what I wanted, even if just once, I wouldn't linger on you like a moth to a flame," she said, crossing her legs, closing her soaked core from Hades' view.

Minthe slithered off of the table. As fast as lightning, she grabbed at Hades' sex and felt it twitched to life in her hand. "The beast is awake. Does it want to come out and play with me?" Minthe asked flagrantly, shamelessly stroking Hades' twitching phallus under his himation.