Chapter 20

🌹

Hades had been neck-deep in work, studying scrolls upon scrolls of testimonies of any mention of the name Sisyphus, King of Ephyra

Hades had been neck-deep in work, studying scrolls upon scrolls of testimonies of any mention of the name Sisyphus, King of Ephyra. Though he is very much dedicated to his work, his mind often wanders to the little flower goddess that he had left alone to explore his realm. Each time when he had asked upon her, he was let known that she was spending her time with the shades in Asphodel, or with Hekate. He was glad, and relieved, to have heard news that Persephone is very much engaged in the Underworld. He had hoped that Persephone would decide to stay with him after experiencing the beauty of the Underworld herself.

Hades heaved a sigh, and leaned back against the backrest of his klismos, massaging his temple. Tomorrow is the hearing, and he still have a lot to do. But he had left his queen to her own devices for a couple of days, and the yearning for her has become unbearable. He got up and got out of his study.

As he walked across the green marbled hallway towards Persephone's private chambers, a serene voice came from behind him. "She's not there, Aidoneus," Hekate said gently, Hades spun around and faced her. "She's in the Meadows," Hekate told him with a smile. "How is she, Hekate?" Hades asked anxiously. "She's brilliant, Aidoneus. The shades adore her. She communicates with them with great care and wisdom. There is no doubt, Aidoneus," said Hekate, her hand brushed lightly on his cheek. Hades' heart swelled with pride.

In a shadowy flash, Hades was in the Meadows. "Hades!" the sweet squeal of Persephone's voice, a blur of red streaked towards him; Hades was knocked backwards a few steps. Persephone's arms wrapped tightly around Hades' neck, she buried her face in the crook of his neck. "Eager, are we?" he asked with a chuckle, he smiled his seductive half-smile. "Aching," she whispered in his ear, her voice sultry. He inhaled her scent of roses and jasmine deeply.