Chapter 23

Persephone opened her eyes to a sleeping Hades. She loves watching him sleep, it's the only time that he looked at peace. 

The shade Sisyphus has not been back to the Underworld for almost a week, Thanatos and Hypnos are on a manhunt for him. Hades was beyond infuriated; the Underworld shook and fires from the Phlegethon shot up more than a diaulos high. Persephone doubt that she managed to douse Hades' fire; she was sure he had put up a cool exterior for her sake.

She rested her head on his chest, tracing the circular wound on his chest absentmindedly. Her mind went back to Hades' recounts of the war. 

Father couldn't have done all those heroic deeds without Aidoneus, but he's the one that they call the Saviour, and they sing songs of him. And yet, they scorned the real saviour, she thought sadly to herself. She looked up to Hades and studied his face, her fingers lightly brushed away a stray of raven waves on his cheek.

Persephone kissed lightly on his lips, Hades stirred. He wound his arms tightly around Persephone, she giggled. "Good morning," she whispered in a sing song voice, tracing his elegantly straight nose with the pad of her fingertip. "Not yet," he growled in her ear.

A soft knock came to the door, Hades groaned. He lay on his back, a hand on his forehead, ignoring the knock. Persephone giggled as she started to kiss all over his chest, Hades grunted in pleasure. "Your Grace?" came Hekate's serene voice, while Persephone licked on a flat nipple. 

"Yes, my Lady Hekate," replied Hades breathily, trying to hold in his sounds of pleasure from Persephone's teasing. 

"Kataibetes is here. He's waiting for you in your study," Hekate said, both Hades and Persephone groaned loudly; Hekate smiled at the door.

"Very well. I will be with him... as soon as I can. Thank you, Hekate," Hades answered from inside Persephone's private chambers. 

"Don't take too long, Aidoneus. Your brother is not a patient god," she said with a small smile, and disappeared.

"Why is my father here?" Persephone asked anxiously, as she chewed on her lower lip. 

"For our wedding ceremony tomorrow," Hades replied simply. Looking at Persephone's worried face, Hades chuckled. "Worry not, my flower," he said softly, as he pulled Persephone closer to him. "Trust me," he whispered in her ear, his hot breath brushed on her skin; she smiled. They melted together in one blazing kiss, Persephone moaned into his mouth. Hades pulled back and got out of bed, startling Persephone.