Chapter Forty-Seven

"What did you do yesterday?" Jungkook asked Taehyung as he watched the kids who were part of the scene run after each other and get in the staff's way.

Taehyung decided not to tell Jungkook about what he actually done yesterday. He knew it would make the younger man anxious and he didn't want Jungkook doing something he might regret. As of now, they didn't have anything on Charlie. Jeonghan had notified him that he was currently the second-highest bidder and that he was losing by a large stretch: $200 million. It bothered him greatly knowing that that young girl was about to be sold to some pedophile and there was nothing he could truly do about it. It hit closer to home as he had two daughters of his own, one of which who was just two years older than the girl in question.

"Nothing, I just rested," Taehyung answered, sipping on his latte, "Yunah and Jaemin want to see Chanwoo."

"I know," Jungkook chuckled, "my babysitter agreed to watch Jaemin today along with Chanwoo so they could hang out. Maybe Yunah can come over tomorrow."

"She can't, she has ice-skating classes tomorrow," the older man answered, "but maybe this weekend."

"Sounds good to me," Jungkook trailed off as he scanned the area for one person. "Where's Charlie?"

"Over there," Taehyung nodded at where the strange producer was standing before turning the younger man around to face. He placed his large hands on Jungkook's shoulders and squeezed in a massage-like manner. "You need to de-stress yourself."

"I can't," Jungkook sighed, "a lot is happening right now."

"If you need to take a break, we can continue filming without you or delay the premiere," the actor said, "if this is too much, then you don't have—"

"No, no," Jungkook shook his head and crossed his arms. "I need something to keep my mind working or else I'll just drown in my stress. The job is the less stressful thing in my life right now."

"If it's just Charlie who's stressing you out then I can fire him, Jungkook," Taehyung asked said, "you—"

"No, don't do that. It's just— I don't know. Hanbin is— he's not stressing me out, but he—"

"It's okay to say your kids are stressing you out, people can't expect parents not to feel stressed and you have a right to be stressed considering everything that's happening and everything that had happened," the brunette quickly said.

"I know, but he can't help it. I've failed him enough already and now I don't even know what's going on with him and why he's acting out so I don't know what to do."

Taehyung could see the tears welling up in the younger man's eyes, so he quickly pulled Jungkook in a tight hug. He couldn't imagine what was going through Jungkook's mind and it made him feel so bad as a boyfriend.

"How about this weekend we take a break and go to a high-end spa and you get a deep tissue massage and I'll settle with a Swedish massage?" Taehyung suggested, "and before then we can see who Hanbin stays with the best: we can mark off your babysitter, have you tried your friend — what's his name? Jimin?"

Jungkook sighed as he moved away. "I'd love to, but you know Hanbin wouldn't stay with anyone besides me."

Taehyung smiled and pecked his boyfriend's forehead. "Doesn't mean we can't try. You need time to relax without having to worry about this or that and I just want a massage."

---

"No luck," Jeonghan said on the other line with a sigh, "everything shut down early, I think someone found out my identity or there was another cop."