Chapter Thirteen

Taehyung held his iPad connected to his security cameras. He was watching the one in his kitchen where Jungkook and the kids stood. Jungkook had just arrived back from picking them up from school — he had texted that Yunah's art class had been cancelled and Taeji didn't want anyone at her ballet recital today. Taeji had asked Taehyung to accompany her but he couldn't today.

He watched Jungkook hand his son a juice box and the boy stuttered out a thank you followed by the toddler who Taehyung forgot the name of and then Yunah who came running back into the kitchen. Taehyung watched her beam up at Jungkook as he said something his camera didn't pick up followed by her precious laughter and then the toddler grabbed his daddy's shirt and asked for him to repeat whatever he said.

"Can you make mac and cheese?!" Yunah asked loudly, leaning over the counter and accidentally knocking over her juice box. Taehyung got irritated by just watching the dark red liquid trickle down the marble countertop, but Jungkook didn't say anything and quickly wiped it up before it could hit the ground.

"I don't think you have any," Jungkook responded to Yunah as he looked through the cabinets before turning to look at her, "what about chicken nuggets?"

Taehyung imagined Yunah throwing a fit much like Taeji would've but instead the five-year-old just nodded and started talking to Jungkook's two boys. 'Shows how much you know your daughter' Taehyung thought 'but she's so comfortable around Jungkook...and Jungkook treats her so well'

Taehyung had a newfound respect for his house help/nanny. No one has ever stood up to Taehyung the way Jungkook has, hell no one has never even punched Taehyung — sure he's received death threats, but who takes Twitter death threats seriously? Plus, despite how Taehyung seemingly puts himself above the younger man, Jungkook still treats him with respect even though Taehyung is aware of how Jungkook personally views him. And Jungkook is utterly kind to Taeji despite the girl being an absolute pain. The way Jungkook got angry over something that didn't involve him also brought on more respect. He truly cares about Taehyung's kids despite them only being people he has looked after for a couple of hours.

"Taehyung."

Taehyung watched Jungkook pick his youngest son up and disappear out of the kitchen and he quickly exited out of full screen on his iPad and looked for Jungkook on the other cameras. He watched Jungkook walk down a hall and assumed he was taking the toddler to the bathroom.

"Taehyung."

He tapped back onto the kitchen surveillance camera where Yunah was pointing to a bunch of animals In her homework book and showing them to Hanbin who nodded but didn't say anything. He's heard Taeji taunting him about his stutter and Taehyung planned to talk to her about it but he never got around to it.

"Kim TAEHYUNG!"

The said male released a noise of surprise and dropped his iPad on the surface of his desk. He looked up to see his assistant standing in his office with a deep frown on her face.

"Oh, Saejun..." Taehyung sighed and pushed his iPad away, "what is it?"

"I've been standing here calling your name for a while, what's on your mind?" She asked as she pushed her hair behind her shoulders and walked closer to Taehyung's desk.

"Oh, nothing, nothing," Taehyung waved her question off.

"What happened to your eye...?" She asked, "you've been hit, are you okay?"

"It's healing, Saejun, honestly, please, you're my assistant, not my mother."

"Who did it?"

"What were you wanting?" Taehyung sighed.