Chapter Eighteen

I'm terrible with POV consistency...

---

"Daddy, someone is knocking!" Yunah yelled as she crashed through Taehyung's room.

'Why is she always up so early? What five-year-old gets up at seven and is happy about it?' Taehyung thought.

Taehyung hummed and grabbed the iPad that had his security cameras connected to it. He tapped on the cameras in front of the house. There was a man standing on his large porch wearing a black beanie, sunglasses, and a white mask along with a lose white long-sleeved T-shirt and black sweatpants. He wouldn't have thought it was Jungkook but he saw Jungkook's car parked behind his.

"Is it Kookie?!" Yunah exclaimed, jumping on his bed before falling to her knees and looking over Taehyung's arm to look at the screen.

"Yep. You better not wake Taeji-"

"TAEJI!" She jumped off his bed and ran out of his room. "KOOKIE AND BINNIE AND CHANNIE ARE HERE!"

Taehyung was going to correct her and say it was just Jungkook but he decided not to. He finished buttoning his shirt as he walked downstairs to let Jungkook in. He couldn't help but think about what that very panicked phone call was about yesterday - how Jungkook had asked Taehyung if he gave Minsun his address and phone number in such a panicked tone. The younger man seemed so troubled that it actually made Taehyung concerned. So the question arose: did Minsun stop by Jungkook's house? How? Why? And what did he do?

Taehyung opened the front door as Jungkook rose his fist to knock again; his bandaged fist to be exact.

"Oh dear, what happened there?" The designer asked as he looked down at Jungkook's other hand which was also bandaged. "And there."

Jungkook shook his head and without moving the mask, he replied, "I don't want to talk about it, please."

Taehyung hummed as he moved out of Jungkook's way to let him inside. Jungkook walked in and Taehyung took in the way the younger man walked stiffly as if his back were causing him trouble. His attention was directed towards a loud gasp as Yunah hopped down the staircase wearing a god-awful outfit that made Taehyung want to vomit. It was as though a unicorn had given birth to her and fairy had cursed her right after. She wore a neon green bodysuit that she found at Target the other day and wanted because it reminded her of an alien with a magenta tank top with ruffles and sequins on the front along with a sky blue tutu, white fluffy socks and about a hundred plastic bracelets.

"What happened...you looked like my child just a second ago..." Taehyung said as he watched the rainbow abomination run towards Jungkook with a huge toothy grin. She crashed into Jungkook and the older man grunted before hugging her back.

"Where's Binnie and Channie?" She asked.

"They're staying with a friend of mine for a bit," Jungkook answered as he stood up, placing a hand over his shoulder and rolling it.

"Oh," the five-year-old pouted before gasping and saying, "I want to show you my painting!"

"Go get it so I can see!" Jungkook said, pointing to the stairs. Yunah whirled around on her heels and ran towards the stairs, losing about three sparkly bracelets in the process.

"If you didn't feel well enough to come today, you didn't have to," Taehyung said as he walked into the kitchen.

"What?" Jungkook asked, picking at the mask as it irritated the cruise on his cheek and making sure it covered everything the glasses and the beanie couldn't.

Taehyung shrugged. "You don't look in the best condition to work."

Jungkook shook his head. "No, I'm fine."