Chapter Thirty-Nine

Jungkook leaned back against his headboard as he read what was on his laptop screen. Taking Dr. Young's to heart, he had decided to do his own research on the institution. Just as Dr. Young had stated, it was located in Busan - just a few miles away from Jungkook's home.

The institution was formally called Behavioural Health for Troubled Children however, parents expressed their distaste towards the name so the directors changed it to Behavioural Help for Youth. It was, much to Jungkook's fear and uncertainty, a stay-away facility. Children were emitted into the hospital, get evaluated by the doctors there for fourteen consecutive days, during that time, children don't have visitors but are permitted to make and receive phone calls.

The entire place was similar to a stay-away school. They had three meals a day with the ability to purchase snacks in between, all the students did mostly online schooling and stayed in their rooms for the lesson. There were group therapy sessions and children had to participate in group activities to "maintain a sense of social balance, reduce anxiety towards social situations, restore a basic sense of humanity, learn to establish stable person-to-person relationships, and as a result, can return as a functional person to society" as the website stated.

The hospital stay was a hefty price and it depended on the duration which was decided by the assigned doctor. Doctors were assigned by age and their theory was changing doctors helped with relationship building and attachment problems.

What made Jungkook frown was the website didn't offer how they treat patients, there was no general treatment plan besides the activities for physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional health. But those were general and didn't go into much detail either.

He couldn't find detailed feedback from parents, but then again, the hospital didn't become too popular until about a year ago and he figured most feedback would be personal and not want to be shared.

By the time Jungkook finished his research, it was close to midnight. He was terribly tired, but couldn't find himself being able to sleep with the newly formed cloud of stress pushing down on him.

He stood up from his bed after a while of just lying on his back and staring at the ceiling. He quietly opened the door to his room and walked out into the dark hallway lit by nightlights for Hanbin. The bathroom light stayed on until daylight.

Jungkook walked towards Hanbin's room and pushed his ear against the wood. He's done this several times before. Slowly, Jungkook pushed open the door. He was met with complete darkness which confused him as Hanbin always slept with at least his lamp on. He was about to turn the light on but his hand paused over the switch when he heard snivelling.

"Han-"

"I-I'm sorry..." Hanbin's weak voice spoke up for the first time in forever. Jungkook's entire heart dropped. His hand shook over the switched as he pinched it between his index finger and thumb. His baby was finally talking and he didn't expect his reaction to be so sad. Hanbin's voice was light and full of so much sadness that Jungkook couldn't even find it in himself the ability to get rid of it.

Jungkook finally turned the light on and Hanbin jumped off of his bed and pressed his back against the wall on his right. Jungkook held his hands a few inches from his chest, unsure of what to do. His instincts screamed at him to comfort his son, but he knew Hanbin wouldn't accept it. Plus, how could he comfort him when Hanbin looked as though he was scared of Jungkook?

"Baby, Chanwoo's fine," Jungkook tried. He took a step forward and Hanbin flinched and stiffened and proceeded to sputter out apologies.

"Hanbin, I'm not Minsun!" Jungkook said, trying to control his voice. "I'm not him, I won't hurt you - I would never hurt you."