Chapter Twenty

My dumbass got all excited and accidentally published Chapter Twenty-One 🤣🤣🤣

---

Jungkook sloppily parked behind a bunch of cop cars and jumped out of his car. His heart was racing and dread crawled up his spine and made his body tremble with fear and anger. He was stopped by a female officer as he tried to run through the police tape.

"This is a crime—"

"My kids are in there!" Jungkook yelled.

"Who are your kids, sir?" The female asked, "I'm going to have to ask you to calm down."

Jungkook put his hands on his hips as he took a deep breath, knowing that panicking wouldn't help anyone. He put his hand on his forehead as he scanned the area for anyone that looked familiar. He saw Namjoon talking to one of the police officers and pushed his way through to him.

"Sir, you can't— oh my God."

"NAMJOON!" Jungkook yelled, ducking underneath the yellow crime scene tape and rushing towards his best friend. "What happened?! Where are my kids?!"

Namjoon held his finger up to the policeman, indicating for him to wait as he rushed over to meet him.

Namjoon sighed. "Chan and Jae are sitting upstairs in the family room, Jimin was rushed to the hospital, but he's okay."

"And Hanbin?"

Namjoon fell quiet and he stared at the younger man, unable to form a sentence. Jungkook's felt his heart constrict and his vision blurred with tears. He shook his head, whispering "no" over and over again as he covered his mouth with his hands.

Namjoon tried to keep his composure for the sake of his younger friend but even he felt the pain that Jungkook was experiencing — Jungkook's was just more intense. When Namjoon received a call that someone had broken into their house, unexplainable dread filled his body and he barely gave his boss a heads up as he ran out of his workplace. The possibility of something terrible happening to Jimin, their unborn child and the other kids made Namjoon sick to his stomach. Luckily, Jimin only went to the hospital to be thoroughly checked because of the pregnancy and Chanwoo and Minjae were A-okay, just scared. But then realization crashed down on Namjoon when he realized that Hanbin's name was never mentioned by the police; that happen wasn't there. He had frantically ordered they search for Hanbin and the entire neighbourhood immediately went on lockdown while other police officers went on a search for the car they saw on the cameras but without the license plate, they were only going by hopeful guesses.

"They're searching for him, Jungkook..." Namjoon said and Jungkook broke down, squatting to the ground as his body shook with uncontrollable sobs.

"Jungkook," Namjoon said, kneeling down and pressing his hand to his best friend's back. "Listen, man, it's going to be okay — he's going to be ok—"

"No, he won't!" Jungkook cried, looking up as two officers walked up to him. Namjoon saw them and gave Jungkook's shoulder a tight squeeze and told him he's going to check on Minjae and Chanwoo. The police stood over Jungkook, talking while they waited for the young man to settle down enough to talk. Finally, Jungkook took several deep breaths before slowly standing up, feeling as though he'd faint or pass out any moment from the lack of oxygen from being in that squatting position while crying.

"Do you need water, sir?" One of the policemen asked.

"No, I need my son," Jungkook grunted, feeling his chest ache from knowing that his baby was with those disgusting people. God only knew what was going through his little boy's mind, he didn't need any more trauma.

"And we'll get your son, we just need you to cooperate and offer as much information as possible," the policeman said, "my name is Officer Kim Jongin and that's my partner Officer Lee Hongbin."

Jungkook just nodded. He wanted to just blurt out that Kang Minsun was the one who broke in and kidnapped Hanbin but who would believe him? Sure he lived in a wealthy life now but they easily do a background check on Jungkook and find that he was once right at the poverty line. So who would believe that the Kang Minsun fucked around and knocked up someone like Jungkook? Everyone knew Minsun was a wild man and everyone also knew very vague information about his and Jungkook's relationship. So they might've just thought he was some crazy fan or anti-fan blaming this on a celebrity

"So you're the father of which kids?" Officer Jongin asked.

"Kang Hanbin and Jeon Chanwoo," Jungkook answered, "Hanbin is six and Chanwoo is three."

"What are the homeowners to you?"

"They're both my very close friends."

"Namjoon said the only person he could think of that would break into his house and kidnap your son is your ex-boyfriend. Have you been having problems with him?" Officer Hongbin questioned.

Jungkook sighed and crossed his arms. He had no other choice but explain everything that's happened up to now. His son was at stake and he's been quiet for too long and because of that, Hanbin had to suffer. God, he is such a terrible parent.

So, Jungkook explained everything. He described his old relationship with Kang Minsun and how they broke up. He revealed Minsun's secret with the drug accusations and how he managed to rid the media of the scandal. Jungkook made it clear that it's been almost three years since he's had any contact with Minsun and he made a mistake of taking Kim Seokjin's offer at modelling which is how Minsun found him. He told them that his current boss — Kim Taehyung — was close friends with Minsun and the designer had shown him camera footage of Minsun digging through Taehyung's employees' files which is how Minsun found out where he lived.

"When he showed up at my house, we fought," Jungkook showed him his black eye, split knuckles, etc, before taking a breath and saying, "he made it clear that he wanted Hanbin — I don't know what for."

The officers exchanged glances as they summarized everything he said on a notepad. Officer Jongin sighed and shifted from foot to foot.

"Kang Minsun as in the celebrity?"

"Yes goddamnit, I'm not lying," Jungkook snapped, "he texted me the other day and I have his number blocked but you can show you." He felt around for his phone before cursing when he felt it wasn't there.

"Well, the FBI was investigating something that involved Kang Minsun," Officer Hongbin whispered to Jongin. Jungkook stared at them with wide eyes. What had they been investigating?

"Right," Officer Jongin nodded and looked at Jungkook. "We'll have to question Kim Taehyung."

"He might lawyer up," Officer Hongbin said, "should we get a warrant to search his house?"

"He was asking me about Minsun and I today," Jungkook interjected, "he said if he founds out Minsun found me and picked a fight then he will fire him. I don't think you'll need a warrant and I don't think he's hiding anything."

The police partners nodded at Jungkook's words and started whispering amongst themselves. Officer Jongin jabbed his thumb in the direction of the several police cars and Officer Hongbin nodded. While the latter man walked towards the cars, Officer Jongin turned back to face Jungkook.

"Listen, we're going to get your son back but in the meantime, you need to keep the other one — Chanwoo — with you. You should head home, we have two officers on patrol for your house. Everyone else is searching for your son, Officer Hongbin is going to issue an amber alert, he'll be on the News along with the car we saw In the cameras. The FBI will be involved as well so prepare for more questioning, Kang Minsun has already been a person of interest long before this and this only gives us more of a reason to look into his possible involvement of...something very illegal. So don't worry, we'll get your son back."

Jungkook wanted to break down again. His hands were shaking and his breath began to pick up. But he nodded and thanked the officer before turning around and heading towards Namjoon and Jimin's house to get Chanwoo.

---

Word Count: 1371

Hanbin 😭😭😭