Chapter Thirty-Seven

I like how I tried to stay in Tae's pov (third-person ofc) but then I kinda just switched to JK to like third-person omniscient 😭😂👋

Queen of POV inconsistency
Queen of updating late af
Queen of ignoring my books 24/7
Queen of creating new books while my ongoing books are watching like 👁💧👄💧👁

⚠️ LONG ASS CHAPTER AHEAD IDK WHAT I WAS THINKING ⚠️
---

Finally, Saturday rolled around. Taehyung decided that he'd take Jungkook to Yoongi's restaurant. He asked Yoongi to reserve the upstairs area for their date to which Yoongi agreed to do.

It was close to eight already and Taehyung was just now deciding on an outfit to wear, after about two hours of trying to choose.

"Who are you going out with?" Yoongi asked, "and why did you ask me to babysit so last minute?"

Yoongi had arrived with his son to babysit Taeji and Yunah at around seven. Taehyung hadn't told Yoongi exactly everything regarding his plans for tonight and the older male was somewhat curious as to why since Taehyung usually told him everything.

"Well, I asked Saje but she's sick, Jackson agreed to do it but he texted last night saying he couldn't do it - you-"

"So what I'm hearing is I'm just your last resort?" Yoongi asked, feigning a hurt expression. With an eye roll, he continued, "wow, how long have we been friends? And I'm suddenly replaced by your annoying assistant and the default guy."

The younger male had assumed that his best friend didn't have to do anything today and figured the man was just sitting at home with his son and their huge dog who resembles a dirty mop. His assumption was proven correct when he called and Jaemin had answered instead of Yoongi, stating "Daddy said he's out of service right now and to call...uh...next year"

Taehyung sent him a questioning look from the mirror as he fixed his tie. "Default guy?"

"Yeah, everyone starts out being Jackson's friend," Yoongi explained.

Surprisingly, Yoongi and Jackson were never really friends. They collaborated a few times on Jackson's solo songs, but they can both agree that their relationship is simply business. Fans had asked Yoongi why he's seemingly the only idol who isn't friends with Jackson Wang and Yoongi explained that he and Jackson just don't click that way, but really, Yoongi finds the Father of Extroverts to be very tiring.

"So who are you going out with?" The older man asked again.

"Not sure if he'll want me to tell you, but Seokjin already knows because his stupid ass heard me talking to Saejun about it," Taehyung sighed and rolled his eyes.

Yoongi's eyes widened slightly. He looked up from his phone and said, "he'll go back and tell Hoseok."

"Exactly," the blonde shook his head exasperatedly. He knew for a fact that Seokjin was going to run his mouth to Hoseok. Sometimes, he questioned himself as to why he ever agreed to sign that contract with Seokjin. Then again, he wasn't aware of how problematic the older man was until they started working together.

Taehyung decided to change the subject as he didn't want his mood to be down when it was time leave. "How's Jaemin?"

"He's fine," Yoongi answered before pausing, "he asked to see Hoseok and I was willing but Hoseok basically rejected him."

Taehyung whipped around from facing the mirror and looked at the older man with wide eyes. He knew Hoseok never wanted anything to do with Jaemin. He's witnessed the said man calling their six-year-old son a mistake and many other things a parent would hate for their child to be called. So this revelation shouldn't come as a surprise to the designer, but it somehow did. Its as if he refused to believe Hoseok was actually that bad of a parent despite being constantly reminded of it. How could a father refuse to see their son upon their son's request?