Chapter Twenty-Nine (Part Two)

3 months later~

JK, Hanbin and Taeji's birthdays have passed. JK is 23, Hanbin is 7, Taeji is 8.

It's like late fall so I would say November? Since I made it seem like it was spring or summer in the other chapters.

---

Jungkook watched Chanwoo obnoxiously scream at one of his friends as he wiggled his hand out of Jungkook's grasp. Jungkook barely got to say bye to him as the chubby three-year-old ran towards the daycare area of the elementary school where his friend was jumping up and down beside a teacher.

Jungkook waited until his youngest son was with the teacher before turning to face Hanbin who was standing close to him with his arms wrapped around his chest, clutching his backpack straps so tight that his hands turned a pale pink. He kept glancing around as if someone would jump out and hurt him. Jungkook reached down to stroke his hair but he quickly retracted his hand, knowing Hanbin would just move away.

Jungkook could tell how scared the boy was being around all these kids and adults who had basically forgotten. It's about four months since he's even thought about school but his doctor thought it would be a good idea to put him back into public school and if he couldn't handle it, then he'd be permanently homeschooled. Until now, he's been on a "home-bound" schedule with the school, receiving online instruction from his teachers and help from Jungkook when needed along with other online schooling programs so Jungkook was happy that his seven-year-old was finally getting back into school. He hoped this would help him somehow considering how isolated he's been over the months. He didn't even talk to Minjae or Yunah much, only Chanwoo.

"It's just like how you left," Jungkook said as they made their way towards his old classroom. The school had wanted to put him in a special needs class but Jungkook refused. "And they're going to work with you to help you get used to everything again."

Hanbin didn't respond but Jungkook knew he was listening. The seven-year-old just stared down at the tiled floor in the hallways, bumping up against Jungkook to keep from running into rowdy children.

Once they made it to his classroom, Jungkook re-explained to Hanbin's teacher how Hanbin acted and to promise him that she will alert him if anyone is teasing or bullying his son. She reassured Hanbin was in good hands and promised to keep and extra eye on him.

Before Jungkook left, he had to remind himself that he couldn't hug and kiss Hanbin like he was used to but instead, he watched the teacher guide the seven-year-old to his new desk which had a respectful space around it before bending down and talking to him. Hanbin stared at her hands that were placed atop his desk and didn't look anywhere else.

Leaving made Jungkook nervous but he tried to convince himself that this was good for his son.

As he made his way towards his car, Jungkook pulled his phone out of his pocket. Every morning when he checked his notifications, he hoped to see Minsun's name on the headlines stating that he's been caught and was in police custody or finally behind bars but he was always met with disappointment. Minsun basically fell off the face of the earth but private investigators were still searching for him even harder than they were before now that he has a kidnapping and human trafficking charges hanging over his head along with his former charges, they weren't going to let him go any time soon.

But Jungkook was paranoid despite the police telling him that there was an extremely low possibility that Minsun would be bold enough to try and kidnap Hanbin again especially at school. Plus Hanbin was smart. He was shutting people out as a protection mechanism so there was no way he'd willingly leave with someone and there was no way someone could get him without other people seeing.