Chapter Fifty-Three

6 months later

I believe it's now 2022, I'll safely assume sometime in maybe February

When I was talking about the movie Tae war directing, I realized that I said "1900s" instead of 19th century. It's the 19th century (1800s)

Taekook have been dating for a little over a year now ✨💜

Taeji - 9
Han - 8
Yunah - 6
Chan - 5
Jaemin - 8

---

Jungkook leaned against the doorframe with a cup of warm tea in his hand as he watched Chan grab a book from his bookshelf. His hair was a mess atop of his head covered in leftover sparkles that Jungkook couldn't get out from Yunah's arts and crafts session earlier. The woman who babysits Chanwoo agreed to also babysit Yunah and Jaemin and she later regretted it as that trio was a trio from hell.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked as the boy practically emptied his bookshelf.

"I want to read to BinBin," Chanwoo stated without looking at Jungkook. "I'm looking for a book."

Hanbin still wasn't talking but he was becoming more responsive in his own ways with just Jungkook and Chanwoo. To the blind eye, it didn't look like anything has changed for Hanbin, but for Jungkook they have made amazing progress. Hanbin was still attached to his hip as his trust towards anyone else now was officially ruined. He didn't trust Namjoon, Jimin, Seokjin, or Taehyung. Taehyung tried to get the boy used to him considering the fact if their relationship continued, he'd be Hanbin's stepfather. Unfortunately, attempting to keep Hanbin without Jungkook being present ended in the boy having a meltdown. Jungkook was worried about the eight-year-old losing trust in him so he wouldn't allow Taehyung to try that again.

News had immediately begun circulating about the situation at Seokjin's house, but thankfully, Seokjin lied and told the press that it was just a sasaeng fan who he won't be taking charges on. Something about "kids do stupid things, though sasaengs need to be stopped and I don't condone violence like this, I figured I wouldn't ruin some kids life because they tried to end mine." It seemed like complete bullshit, but people believed it. Of course, the Twitter conspiracy theorists went beyond the story with their outlandish theories: Taehyung and Seokjin had a fallout which is the real reason why their friendship ended and he recruited a mafia gang to get back at whatever Seokjin did, Seokjin told a trainee he wasn't going to debut them so the trainee got payback, Seokjin was messing around with a mafia boss and didn't go through with his dues and therefore, the mafia boss had to take what was rightfully theirs. There are many more where that came from.

Minsun was still on the run and from the looks of it, it was becoming a cold case. No matter how many times the FBI or the PD got a lead, they would end up at a dead-end. They were all aware that Minsun had a huge drug business along with the continuation of whatever Charlie was in charge of. It confused Jungkook as to how they haven't gotten a successful lead yet considering how obvious it was that Minsun was doing something so incredibly illegal; Charlie had connections — too many — and so did Minsun.

Jungkook shook his head as he tried to get rid of that bad thought. He didn't want to ruin his mood after having such a good day with Taehyung and the other members of the movie that was still happening. Taehyung easily replaced Charlie and postponed it until Jungkook could come back to which everyone on the set agreed was the best thing to do. Today was one of the staff members birthday so Taehyung bought a bunch of cupcakes for her which was something really out of character for Taehyung as everyone was surprised besides Jungkook who was confused by their shock. He had to remind himself that most people viewed Taehyung as cold and somewhat arrogant while Jungkook saw him as the complete opposite (though sometimes he was a little arrogant).