Chapter Eight

"You're making bank, you can just hire a realtor, tell them what you're looking for and they'll find something for you," Jimin said, watching Jungkook drop a bunch of real estate magazines on the table in his and Namjoon's living room. Jimin moved Minjae onto his other leg — she's been clinging to him the whole day — and reached over from the couch to grab a magazine.

"We'll look at these and some websites first," Jungkook said as he grabbed a magazine.

"Are we buying a new house?" Minjae asked before gasping, "are you and daddy—"

"No, this is for Jungkook," Jimin laughed, pinching his daughter's cheeks, "Jungkookie is getting a new house!"

Minjae's eyes widened and she clapped her hands. "Do I get to visit your new house?"

Jungkook nodded with a smile as he opened the magazine. He concluded he didn't want another apartment nor did he want a condo since he'd still be living in close proximity to other people. They spent a while flipping through magazines, circling houses with red markers, and writing numbers down on a notepad. Jimin called some of the numbers to see if the houses were still on the market and only marked off three out of seven before adding more and deciding to call them the next day since they began to get lazy and instead of searching for more houses, they found themselves watching The Office. Minjae had knocked out way earlier and she was curled up between Jimin and the arm of the couch.

Jimin sighed, throwing his head back and letting it roll to the right as he looked at Jungkook. "You hungry?"

"Not really."

"I am," he leaned over and grabbed his phone, "you want seafood? Chinese? Hispanic?"

"Neither, Jim, I—"

"Hispanic it is."

Jungkook gave the older male a blank look as Jimin pulled up Uber Eats on his phone.

"I'm feeling fajitas but ropa vieja also looks kind if good but I also like enchiladas...oh but tacos..." Jimin hummed, "maybe I should just order it all."

"Enchiladas sounds good."

"Maybe we should just get Chinese..."

"Shrimp and glass noodle—"

"Seafood, definitely, seafood."

Jungkook stopped talking and took his phone out of his pocket. Hanbin was at a friend's house and the mother of the friend insisted on watching Chanwoo since her son was also his age and needed "toddler friends". He had given her his phone number and told her to keep him updated on Chanwoo since the toddler wasn't used to staying with others nor did he really get along with children his age. The last message she sent was reassuring Jungkook that Chanwoo was doing well and she hasn't texted back since which was good. Maybe Chanwoo finally had someone he could play with now. He was about to leave his messages when he noticed a number he didn't recognize had texted him. He opened it and his eyes went as wide as saucers.