Chapter Forty-Six

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
After the second set of "---"

---

"How's Kookles doing in the movie?" Seokjin asked, sitting down and tying Mikey's leash to the leg of the table.

He had called Taehyung and requested to eat lunch together.

They had cut personal contact with each other after their partnership contract expired and kept their interactions business only. Fans were quite disappointed when they realized that the two icons were no longer in contact with each other but some were understanding thanks to Seokjin's interview where he responded to the question on why they decided to end their friendship and partnership "we were never actually friends. I wanted to debut a successful clothing line and Taehyung was the guy. And to put it simply, Taehyung and I aren't compatible and we thought it would be good to break things off on a good note".

This was the first time since their friendship-break-up that they've met away from cameras. Of course, they were in the open and Taehyung could see someone who probably worked for Dispatch or some other media outlet snapping their picture across the street.

"He's doing fine," Taehyung answered, "why did you want to meet here?"

"I can't stand how straight-to-the-point you are," the older man sighed.

"I didn't come here to hang out with you, Seokjin. What do you want? If it's another partnership deal or even a collaborative project, I'll go ahead and refuse right now. Plus, I was making a really important trip before you called."

Seokjin rolled his eyes, flicking a crumb from his grilled cheese at the younger man. He too didn't come here to dillydally as he had a comeback to prepare for, but something came up and he needed to get it settled. But what was wrong with a little small talk before leading to the main point? There's supposed to be a rising action before there's a climax.

"As you know, it's a new year, Tae," the newly redhead said, "and we make resolutions and shit like that. My resolution was to go vegan, I ate a steak with Hoseok yesterday, but there's still enough time to start. Oh! Speaking of my lovely boyfriend, do you want to know how he's changed?"

"I do not."

"He's improving. He stopped smoking in February and his company is doing better than ever," Seokjin tried to bite back a laugh as Taehyung's expression slowly turned to annoyance as he kept talking. "Okay, okay, I'll get to the point: last week we were talking and he decided that he wants to be in Jaemin's life again."

"No," Taehyung shook his head. "Yoongi has washed his hands with Hoseok. He's given Hoseok countless opportunities to spend time with that boy and Hoseok has done nothing but break his heart each time. There's no way Yoongi would give Hoseok another chance."

Seokjin scoffed. "He's improved as a person now, Taehyung. And who are you to keep Hoseok from seeing his son? It's Yoongi's decision."

"And I've known Yoongi for years. I was with him through his marriage with that asshole, the divorce, and the legal battles. I know for a fact Yoongi wants nothing to do with Hoseok and he doesn't want his son to have anything to do with him as well. Hell, Hoseok has rejected Jaemin enough that Jaemin doesn't even ask to see him anymore; he's learned that his so-called father doesn't love him and he's moved on to a better person."

"Oh come on, Taehyung, you're no saint," the redhead rolled his eyes, "you act as though you're the best parent ever. Must I remind you of the months you went without seeing your kids or calling them? Or should I mention how you still haven't filed for legal custody over Yunah and put your whore of an-ex girlfriend behind bars? Oh wait," he covered his mouth and feigned a shocked gasp, "she wasn't your girlfriend, she was just a random woman you found on the street—"