Chapter Twelve

Jungkook nervously tapped his fingers against his steering wheel and chewed on his bottom lip as he parked his car behind Taehyung's. He stared ahead of him for a few seconds, trying to calm his racing heartbeat and get rid of that stomach-dropping sensation.

This was it. He was getting ready to lose this amazing job just because he sucked up bullshit and resorted to violence. What would he do about the mortgage? Of course, he had savings that would help him about three months without a job but there wasn't any job he knew that paid as good as Taehyung paid. Even a doctor didn't get paid as much as Jungkook did.

'You stupid bitch' Jungkook thought to himself as he pressed his forehead against the steering wheel. He shut his eyes tight as tears welled up in his eyes and before he knew it, he was a crying fool in front of a multi-billionaire's house. He just lost a job that was going to change his and his kids' lives for the better and it's all his fault.

"I'm such a shitty person, shitty parent," he whispered to himself.

He yelled out and flinched when something knocked against his window. He whipped his head to his left with wide, teary eyes only to see his boss standing outside wearing a questioning expression. There was obvious bruising and swelling around his cheek and it only made Jungkook feel worse.

'Fuck' he thought as he quickly wiped his eyes while opening his door. Taehyung backed out of the away so he wouldn't get hit.

"I was coming," Jungkook said.

"You were crying?" Taehyung asked, tilting his head slightly.

"No."

"Oh please," Taehyung rolled his eyes, "well, come on now, I don't have all day."

Jungkook pushed himself away from his seat and climbed out of his car. As he followed Taehyung towards the entrance, he pressed his two index fingers against the corners of his eyes and pressed against his eyes to get rid of the rest of the tears. Taehyung moved his head to the side to look back at Jungkook without the said male knowing. He saw the younger man wiping his face and feeling around for stray tears. Taehyung hated when people cried, it made him uncomfortable and it annoys him. But surprisingly enough, Taehyung wasn't even irritated with the hushed sniffles emitting from behind him that he would otherwise consider very annoying and would have probably lashed out.

They walked in silence towards Taehyung's office. Taehyung sat down behind his desk and lazily crossed his legs. He picked up his coffee mug and watched Jungkook close the door behind him and slowly walk further inside before standing behind the chair.

"You're not going to just stand there are you?" The blonde asked as he sat his mug on his desk. Without a word, Jungkook quickly sat down. He bit the insides of his cheeks and willed the tears that were pricking the back of his eyes to go away aa he awaited the bad news.

"First and foremost, I'm not firing you so stop your crying now," Taehyung started to which Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Why?!"

The older man cocked his eyebrow and asked, "do you want me to?"

"No!" Jungkook quickly shook his head, "I'm just confused...I mean I punched you yesterday."

"Yeah," Taehyung shrugged, "I provoked you."

"I still shouldn't have used violence without even trying to talk it out, I dont want someone to think of me as a violent person—"

"The fact that you want to talk about it right now shows what kind of person you are."

Jungkook stared at Taehyung's desk as he took in what the latter said. It was like another weight pulled off his shoulders; the first one had been Taehyung stating he wasn't being fired and the second one was Taehyung saying he didn't see Jungkook as a violent person. That's the last thing Jungkook ever wanted someone to think of him as.

"I still feel bad about it..." Jungkook said, "did you use a cold compress? You can probably use a warm compress tomorrow but right now you need something cold."

"I have something cold," Taehyung pointed at a bag of frozen vegetables on his desk.

"You need to put it on your face," Jungkook instructed, "it takes roughly two weeks for a black eye to heal, what will you do to cover it up when you go out?"

"What are you, a doctor?" Taehyung asked, "I'll just wear a mask and sunglasses."

Jungkook ignored his first questioning, figuring it was rhetorical anyway.

"What are you going to do about Yunah?"

"I'm quite busy right now with work but after—"

"Do you not understand that she's being abused by her own mother?" Jungkook asked as he tried to ignore his rising anger, "your kids should always come before anything else even yourself."

"I'm getting close to my season la—"

"You have an assistant don't you? You're not just going to let Yunah suffer because of ridiculously expensive clothes are you?"

Taehyung's eyes widened but Jungkook wasn't finished.

"You probably haven't even talked to her yet, abuse can be and is traumatizing especially for someone who can't fully understand it," Jungkook was trying to keep his temper down but his hands started twitching and shaking as he continued, "you need to take action right now, who knows how long Yunah has been going through what she's going through and who knows what will result from both of her parents not caring."

"You're walking on thin ice now," Taehyung warned.

"If you can't take child abuse and neglect seriously then I don't know if I feel comfortable working around you."

No one had ever quit on Taehyung, they were simply fired. So Taehyung was beyond shocked at Jungkook's sudden boldness. He opened his mouth to talk but he knew he looked stupid so he closed it and they sat in silence for a while. Taehyung stared at Jungkook who looked like he still had something to say but was having trouble forming a sentence. His big doe eyes were already glistening again and Taehyung slightly tensed up, not wanting someone to cry in his office and especially in his presence.

Before Taehyung could say anything, Jungkook took a shuddering breath before saying, "Hanbin has bad anxiety so he can't be around loud noises like yelling, screaming, or other loud noises or else he'll start panicking and his stutter is a result of the trauma that abuse causes  — I don't want Yunah to end up like that, she's already quite mature for her age even more mature than Taeji."

Taehyung's eyebrows raised and he opened his mouth to speak but Jungkook shut up by holding his hands out and motioning downward indicating for him to just drop it or don't speak on the topic. Jungkook stood up, already feeling bad about sharing such a private and traumatic part of his and his child's lives especially to someone like his boss. The only people that knew about it are Jimin and Namjoon. But he couldn't bear the thought of Yunah suffering from abuse and then suffering from whatever would result from the abuse if Taehyung allowed it to continue on. God knows how long it's been happening. When Taehyung's ex-girlfriend kicked Yunah, she had told him that it was nothing she couldn't handle and it hasn't been sitting well with him, it's been on him like a weight.

"Just— you have to do something now or else you'll regret it later on."

---

Word Count: 1277

Someone better beat Hamin's ass 🔫🔪😤