Chapter Thirty-Five

"I-I mean...nevermind?" Jungkook awkwardly shifted from foot to foot, glancing up at Taehyung who's face was hardening into a frown. He looked away, pressing his lips in a thin line.

He couldn't believe he just blurted the question out like that as if it would make anything better. Jungkook hated feeling awkward and he wished that he could just take back a few seconds or even take back the entire day so he wouldn't have to know what Seokjin said.

If Taehyung denied the question, then it would be easy for the younger man to just shake it off and laugh. But what if he confirmed it? Then what? Jungkook couldn't just jump in a relationship now - there were so many things to consider.

"Jin said that?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah- he did. He uh...he said he knew someone who uh- you know what? It's not important, really, I mean he was just joking. I don't know why I'm making a big deal out of it. This is awkward, really, I don't- I mean Seokjin is just...you know as you said- he's a drama queen-"

Taehyung released a chuckle as he held his hand up to shut Jungkook up. He shook his head while laughing at Jungkook's unnecessary rambling while mumbling "Jesus Christ." Jungkook clamped his mouth shut. His ears were on fire.

"Jin came here and told you that?" Taehyung asked, "there are so many reasons as to why I hate that fucker."

Jungkook stayed silent, waiting for Taehyung to say something else as the man seemed to fall into thought after releasing a dry laugh and shaking his head again. He looked highly annoyed as he pushed his tongue against his cheek while staring at nothing in particular.

"You know what?" Taehyung said, "I'll get back to you on that."

He pushed away from the counter, giving Jungkook finger guns as he made his way towards the living room. Jungkook watched with a questioning look, awkwardness immediately diminishing as confusion took its place. Was he just not going to answer the question at hand?

"Wait- what about-"

"Can you stay overtime just a bit? I'm gonna go curse Jin out and then I'll come back and we can finish this extremely awkward conversation?"

Before Jungkook could answer, the older man gave him an enthusiastic thumbs up before opening the front door and leaving. Jungkook stood there with wide eyes, wondering what the hell just happened. He didn't mind staying overtime, he was just annoyed that Taehyung was avoiding the topic. He should have just kept quiet instead of confronting Taehyung. There was absolutely no way someone like Taehyung was interested in him so Jungkook was just taking a joke too seriously. If anything, Seokjin was simply trying to embarrass Taehyung.

_____ _____ _____ _____

Taehyung pressed his index finger against the doorbell to Seokjin's home. He pressed the bell at least ten times, over and over again even after he beard Seokjin yell. He continued ringing the doorbell until Seokjin swung his door open, wearing a black sleeveless shirt and Nike shorts. His hair was dishevelled and he had red and slightly purple marks lining his neck. He looked highly irritated and only seeing Taehyung made his expression harden even more.

Taehyung continued to ring the doorbell, staring his business partner straight in the face with a blank expression.

"What. The. Fucking. Hell?" Seokjin snapped, "what do you want?! I was in the middle of something!"

Taehyung welcomed himself in. Mickey ran up to him and his eyes connected with one of Taehyung's many enemies: Jung Hoseok. He scoffed at the older man before turning around and looking at Seokjin.