the next step | p.sh

"park seonghwa," you say, everything about you is serious and seonghwa looks at you with wide eyes as he looks up from his phone.

"uh-oh, y/n doesn't look happy," wooyoung teases from beside him, but you only give the male a glare before turning back to your boyfriend.

"how long have we been together?" you ask him.

"um, sixteen months," he answer and you nod your head.

"sixteen months," you echo back, "seonghwa, i've waited long enough and i'm ready for our relationship to take the next step."

"r-really? are you sure?"

"i have never been more sure in my life."

wooyoung looks on at the two of you with wide and confused eyes, "wait a minute you guys what are you talking about."

"it's just relationship stuff," the eldest answers dismissively causing wooyoung even more confusion. suddenly, he gets what the two of you are talking about, face flushed with a red color as he quickly gets up and heads to san and yunho's room knowing most of the guys will probably be in there.

"guys! you will never believe what seonghwa and y/n are talking about in the living room!" he says bursting into the bedroom before quickly closing the door so you don't hear him. "i think they're going to start having sex soon!"

"what!?" the remaining five boys say all shocked by his words. "it's true! y/n came up to seonghwa asking how long they've been together before telling him they were ready to take their relationship to the next level!"

"oh man does this mean we're gonna have to hear them?" yeosang groans with an annoyed huff as he runs a hand through his hair.

"at least hongjoong-hyung is never home, so won't ever have to worry about being kicked out or walking in on them," jongho says and right after those words leave his mouth, they all the front door open and close.

"huh, well what do you know, he's home," mingi says before wooyoung quickly throws the door open.

"hyung!"

"what!" both seonghwa and hongjoong say in unison causing him to laugh a little.

"hongjoong-hyung!" he specifies this time and beams when he sees said male come down the hallway.

"wh–

wooyoung didn't give him time to react before he pulled him into the bedroom and closed the door once more. hongjoong could only look at the second youngest with a confused look before turning to look at the others in the room with the same expression.

"hyung," wooyoung begins, placing a hand on his hyung's shoulder, "we just want to say sorry for you loss."

"why?"

"because y/n told seonghwa-hyung that they want to take the next step in their relationship, which means they'll probably be having sex," yunho explains, confusing the small leader even more.

"that's not what they're doing," hongjoong deadpans.

"yes it is!" wooyoung says, "i saw y/n ask hyung with my own two eyes!"

"that they wanted to have sex?"

wooyoung pauses realizing he didn't actually hear those words, "w-well no. but what else could it mean?!"

hongjoong sighs, rubbing his temples, "well let's just go ask them." all seven members piled out of the bedroom all walking into the living room.

upon entering, they see you and seonghwa cuddled up on the couch together, looking and cooing at seonghwa's phone. you notice the guys first as you beam brightly at them.

"hi guys, what are you all doing?"

"wooyoung has a question to ask you both," hongjoong says and you try not to laugh at how annoyed he looks. he literally just got home and still has his bag hanging off his shoulders, poor hongjoong.

both you and seonghwa now turn your attention to wooyoung, who looks completely flustered, "what did you mean when you said 'the next step'?" he asked using air quotes for the last three words.

"oh that!" you say, an excited smile on your face, "me and seonghwa have decided to... get a cat!"

"a cat?!" some of the members say surprised, mostly san who jumps excitedly while clapping his hands at the news.

"we've been talking about it for a few months now and i told y/n that whenever they were ready then i was ready and that would look more into it," seonghwa explains and you nod in agreement before you hug him, a shy smile on your face as you think about how cute he's going to look while playing with a your soon-to-be cat.

"what did you think i meant by 'the next step'?" you ask, teasing wooyoung a little bit by mocking his air quotes.

wooyoung doesn't answer, instead his face gets redder before he dashes off to this room. the guys all laugh at him while leaving you and your boyfriend a little confused at not being in on their little joke.

"well that's enough interaction for today. i'm gonna go shower," hongjoong says before walking off, the other members all following him to go back to whatever it was they were doing prior.

"he thought you guys were talking about having sex," yeosang says before leaving you two by yourself.

seonghwa can't help but laugh at yeosang's word, "jokes on them for thinking we aren't already," he says turning to smirk at you, making your face heat up.

"seonghwa!" you say, teasingly smacking his chest before allowing him to bring you into his chest.