hogwarts au | k.ys

you didn't have a crush on ravenclaw!yeosang. you just enjoyed looking at him from afar and admiring him every chance you got... okay maybe you had a small crush on him. but how could you not, he was the perfect student at hogwarts, every teacher and student admired and looked up to him. he was in your eyes, the definition of perfect.

however, despite being in the same house as him, yeosang didn't even know you existed. but you're pretty sure that yeosang doesn't pay attention to anyone outside his small friend group.

"you know, i could put in a good word for you," mingi quietly whispers to you one day in potions. you look up from your book and over to the giant gryffindor with a furrowed eyebrows. "i'm talking about yeosang," he clarifies and gestures over to said ravenclaw up at the front of the room.

you can feel your face grow hot at the mention of your crush and quickly shake your head, so much so mingi is afraid you might get whiplash.

"why not? you've had a crush on him since first year, i think its time that you make a move," he says and you only shake your head once more before turning back to the book in front of you.

fine looks like we're doing this the hard way, mingi thought.

"hey where's mingi? he should have been here fifteen minutes ago," wooyoung questions with a pout as he looks over the courtyard for said gryffindor.

"you know mingi, he's always late," yeosang comments not bothering to look up from his book making yunho nod in agreement.

"oh look there he is!" san says pointing over to mingi who's making his way over to the group. "who is he carrying over his shoulder?" by now all six males, yeosang still nose deep in his book, are watching curiously as mingi walks over to the group with a wide smile on his face.

"hey guys sorry i'm late, i had to go pick something up," mingi say casually like he didn't have you thrown over his shoulder. wooyoung walked around behind mingi and you saw his face brighten up once he saw it was you.

"it's y/n!" he exclaimed happily making yeosang look up from his book.

"mingi, put her down," you hear yeosang say and mingi does what his friend says. "sorry about him, y/n." he says to you and stands up from his spot on the ground.

"hey, yeosang, why don't you walk y/n back to her room!" mingi says and quickly look at him with wide eyes, and you start to feel your face heat up. "see her face is red! she must not feel well," he says drawing even more attention to your now tomato red face. wooyoung, who is still standing near you, places a hand on your forehead before looking at you with concern.

"y/n, you feel really hot, are you okay?" he ask. "i can walk you back if yeosang doesn't."

"that's okay i-

"i'll walk her back," yeosang says cutting you off and mingi silently cheers in victory.

"o-oh, um, okay!" you say as yeosang walks over to you and makes a gesture for you to follow him.

the walk back to the ravenclaw dormitory is one filled with silence, and you can't tell if it's suppose to be awkward or comfortable silence. you try to say something multiple times, but the words only die on your tongue each time. you regret not saying anything by the time you each your room, and silently scold yourself for being such a coward.

"i'm sorry about mingi, y/n. you know how he is sometimes," yeosang says and you nod your head.

"yeah but four years of potions with the guy will make you use to it."

"you're in my potions class?"

"yeah..."

"oh, i'm sorry i never noticed you in there before." well at least he's honest about it.

"yeah, slughorn made me his partner after mingi almost blew up the classroom with his last one freshmen year."

"oh, i remember that!" yeosang says while laughing at the memory of his friend. he has a cute laugh, you think, and an even cuter smile. "well, i hope you feel better. you're face doesn't look as red as it was."

"i'm sure i'll be better by tomorrow morning," you say and turn to open the door to your room before waving bye to yeosang who waves back with a soft smile.

the next day, you walk into potions class to find yeosang in mingi's seat. scanning the room, you find mingi up at the front with yeosang's partner. walking up to your seat, yeosang greets you with a smile.

"i hope you don't mind but i asked professor slughorn if we could be partners." he explains as you sit down.

"i-i don't mind!" you stutter out and you watched as yeosang's smile grew before he reached over and ruffled your hair making you blush as you fixed your hair.

mingi smiled to himself as he watched you and yeosang quietly talk to each other and couldn't help but feel proud of himself for helping you finally talk to your crush.