if you | ateez

"i don't need your help!" mingi yelled harshly at you which was heard throughout the whole dorm.

you all had found out a few days ago that mingi would have to sit out the rest of promotions due to his back. since then you had been staying with him at the dorm to help make sure he takes care of himself. you only did this because you didn't want to see him in any more pain than he already was.

"mingi, i'm just trying to help," you say back and you watch as he just glares harshly at you.

"i don't need your help! if anything you're making it worse by not letting me do anything!" he yelled again. "god! you're just so- ugh! i can't stand you sometimes!"

"you... you don't mean that," you said feeling your heart sink to your stomach. he didn't mean that, right? he was only stressed.

"i do mean it," he said seriously with no emotion, and that scared you the most. "i just... i just wish you never came into our lives!"

your face dropped but you're sure heart dropped harder.

"alright, i'm sorry i made you feel that way," you say looking away from him as you turned around and left the room.

you notice someone standing outside the room and you look up to see seonghwa with a worried face.

"y/n, he didn't mean it. he's just stressed about not performing with us," he said taking you into his arms. having seonghwa hold you was what finally made the tears you had been holding spill. you quietly sobbed into his chest as he shushed you while rubbing your back. "it's okay, baby, it's okay," he said.

"i-i didn't want to see him hurt, but i was only being a burden to him," you sob and you peak your head up to see yunho standing behind you. he gave you a reassuring smile as walked past you and into the mingi was in to talk to him.

"why don't we go to the living room?" he suggest and you shake your head.

"i'm going to go home. i want to be alone," you say getting out of his embrace as you make your way to the front door.

"y/n, stay," hongjoong says taking your hand and stopping you from leaving.

☓ ☓ ☓

"mingi..." yunho said as he closes the door behind him. "are you okay?" he asks as he comes to sit next to male on the bed.

"i don't know," he answers sounding tired.

"you know y/n was only trying to help you. she didn't mean to make you feel so..."

"helpless." mingi finishes for him turning to look at yunho sadly. "i know she didn't. i didn't mean to snap at her like that, but now it's too late to take back what i said."

"no it's not mingi. let's go talk to her and work this out," yunho says standing up. he holds his hands out for mingi, who takes it with a smile and the two walk out of the bedroom and into the living room.

mingi's eyes immediately landed on you as you sat on the couch between the two eldest members. he could tell from the redness of your eyes and skin that you had been crying and he feels guilt eating at him. yunho gives his hand a squeeze before mingi let's go to go to you.

"m-mingi, i-

"i'm sorry. i know you were only trying to help and to look after me and i shouldn't have taken my stress and angry out on you," he says cutting you as he looks at you. "i didn't mean what i said. you're one of the greatest things to have happened to me and i don't know what i would do without you."

he gets down in front of you and holds onto your hands tightly in his. you quickly slip your hands out of his before you throw them around his neck and hug him tightly. he doesn't waste anytime in hugging you back as he begins to cry in relief at you not being angry at him.

"i'm sorry too, mingi. i didn't realize i was doing too much. i just didn't want to see you in pain and i guess a got a little carried away with taking care of you," you say.

"please don't stop taking care of me," mingi pleads and you let out a halfhearted laugh.

"i'll always be here to take care of you," you say pulling back to hold mingi's tear stained face in your hands. without wasting anymore time, you quickly kiss him and he holds you flush against his body.

"will you massage my back for me, y/n?"

"of course i will," you say before you both stand up and walk off to his room.