Chapter 40: Brawl in Cocoyasi Village

You, luffy, yosaku and sanji traveled for a good while until you come across what looks to be the remains of a village which makes yosaku clench his fists in rage.

(Yosaku): Those damn monsters! 

(Y/n):.........So this is what they do to those who don't pay up.

(Yosaku): Yes.....

(Y/n): Don't worry I will make sure they pay for every life that was ruined.

You were about to continue on your journey until something jumps out from a bush which causes you to drop sanji and go to grab for your sword until you quickly realize it is a man who looks quite injured.

(Injured man): P-Please h-help me.

The man drops to the ground as yosaku runs over to him.

(Yosaku): Hey! what the hell happened to you!?

(Injured man): W-We were.....attacked by a group of.......fishmen......I don't know if the village is.......going to be able to.......hold out for very long...

(Yosaku): Dammit! where is the village?

(Injured man): It is in the opposite of where I came from so just keep heading forward and you will see it......

(Y/n): Luffy, you come with me!

(Luffy): Right!

You speed off in the direction you were given while luffy also gives chase.

(Yosaku): Don't worry, I am sure that the village will be saved with those guys helping.

You and luffy keep on running and running until you get to a clearing and you see a village in the distance.

(Y/n): This must be it!

(Luffy): Wait I can hear something.

(Y/n): Hm?

You keep quiet as you can actually make out what seems to be people shouting.

(????): Why won't you just leave us alone!

(????): HAHAHAHA! you know what arlong said woman so give us our damn money!

(????): YEAH! or this village is going to be destroyed just like the others!

You and luffy make your way through two houses and as you go out into the open, you notice a bunch of fishmen threatening a group of villagers.

(Y/n): You ready for this luffy?

(Luffy): Yeah!

You notice one of the fishmen about to attack a man covered in scars but before he could do that you pull out your pistol and fire it to which the bullet hits the fishman's hand.

(Fishman 1): AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

(Man with scars): Huh?

(Fishman 2): WHO DID THAT!?

(Y/n): I did!

The villagers and fishmen turn to see you and luffy standing there.

(Fishman 2): BASTARDS! Do you have any idea what you just did!?

You slowly smile as you take out your sword.

(Y/n): I simply stopped someone from being hurt by a walking piece of sushi.

(Fishman 2): RAAHHH! GET THEM!

The group of fishmen run at you and luffy but the two of you simply look at each other and smile.