Chapter 20

I stood up from my seat to answer Freya's call. Then I move towards near the restroom so that I can hear Freya properly. I don't know why she's calling me, but I assume it's important since it's her first time to call me late at night.

"Woah! Invite her here, Vaughn. Ask her if she can come here!" Zyair's voice echoed in my head.

Do I have to listen to that asshole? Or he'll just make things worse? Damn it!

"Vaughn?" Freya's voice filled my ears.

"What is it, Frey?" I asked. I'm already used to the changes in our relationship. The day when I let her spend a night in her condo, another Freya came back to me the next morning. She changed and my heart can't recognize her anymore. She's not the same woman anymore, not the same woman who can make my heart beat recklessly. But thinking about her first week of stay in my unit cause me a heartache. I miss the blonde Freya... The Freya who awaken the unfamiliar emotion inside me...

"I want to talk to you, Vaughn. About the talk we had in your unit," she clarified. So, she's still at it, huh?

But can I ask her to come here instead? I sighed. That would be troublesome since Fleur was also here. She'll be shocked when she meets Freya. I remembered Zyair told me that Fleur doesn't know Freya at all. And I'm fucking sure that they'll be surprised if they will see each other.

"We can talk about it tomorrow, Frey," I uttered. I don't want to make Fleur even more uncomfortable.

"No. Tell me where you are, Vaughn. I'll come to you. I really need to talk to you right now, so I can't wait for another day," her tone was demanding.

Maybe they'll be okay if they meet each other, right?

I withdraw a long breath and told Freya where I was. I heard the changes in her voice when I told her my location. I'm sure she's having a second thought if she'll come here or not.

But I confirmed that she will come when she texted me that she's now on her way.

After the talk I had with her, I put back my phone inside my pocket, then I felt that someone was staring at me. I lifted my gaze and look at the person who's gazing at me. My heart almost went out of my fucking chest when I saw that it's Fleur's eyes that bore at me. Did she fucking hear me talking to Freya?!

And why the fuck I can see that tears forming in the corner of her eyes? She looks fucking hurt! Did Kyst do something to her?! That asshole!

I gulped hard and went closer to her. "A-Are you alright?" I asked anxiously. Did something bad happened to her while I was talking to Freya?

And to my surprised, she didn't step back even if I'm only inches away from her, yet she averted her stare. "Y-Yeah," she responded, nodding her head.

She's lying. It's obvious that's she's not okay. Her eyes were enough for me to tell that something hurts her.

"D-Did you hear me talking to s-someone on the phone?" I inquired while my fucking heart hammered violently. I really want to know if she heard me talking to Freya. Fuck! She didn't, right?

Her eyes went back to me, she gave me a weak smile. I can feel that she's hurting, but I don't know why! "Y-Yeah. B-But I didn't hear everything. Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. Your fiancé will come here?" she inquired softly, but I heard something in her tone.

Shit! I swallowed the lump in my throat before I answer her. "Y-Yeah. S-She's coming. S-She told me she wants to talk to me," I explained.