Chapter 7

_
I GUESS I'LL eat dinner alone again. Vaughn left earlier after asking me those terrifying questions. I even yelled at him and announced that I hate him! Gosh!

My confident was really high to shout at him!

But he pissed me off! So it was his fault that I bursted out like that!

Yet, how can I face him? After all the arguments we had, I don't think I can still look at him in his eyes!

I shook my head and ready my dinner. I think I have to avoid making conversation with him for now. That's the safest action to make. Interacting with him was perilous! Plus, the throbbing heart I have whenever I spoke to him.

I started to take a bite when I heard the door in the living room opened.

Crap! Don't tell me he's here?!

I'm doomed! I'm still not ready to talk to him!

I chewed the meat I'm eating and swallowed as quick as I can. I don't want to see him!

But I think it's already too late! I already felt his stare!

"Can I join you?" I heard him asking. Wait! Is he okay?! He's not mad or what?! Did he forgot about our talk earlier?

I raised my gaze and gulped hard when I recognize that there's something in the way he stares at me. "I can eat with you, right?" he inquired again.

I just nodded then lowered my gaze and focus on my food. "I'm sorry about earlier," he whispered.

It stunned me for a moment when I heard him apologizing to me! I can't help but to look at him. I didn't mishear him, right?! He said sorry to me!

I cleared my throat, "I-It's fine. I-I'm sorry too," I murmured, but I know he heard me.

"Uhm... I need to ask you something," He'll ask me again?! About what?! I thought he's already done interrogating me!

"A-about what?" I asked. My heart was pounding very hard!

"I'll ask you after we eat," he stated, and placed foods on his plate.

Is it about something that's connected to my identity again? Or something else? But I wish his question won't catch me off guard! I need to rest my mind! Even just for tonight!

After we ate, he volunteered to clean the plates again, so I took that time to have a brief shower.

Then, when I finished, I immediately wear pajamas and went outside so I'll know what he wants to ask. My heart was still beating so fast.

When I went outside of my room, I saw him resting his back on the couch while drying his hair. He already had a shower?! That fast?! I shook my head and starting to walk in his direction.

I swallowed hard and hide my shaking hands. Then, I calmly sit down on the single couch near him. When he sensed my presence, his eyes bore into mine.

The Cruel Twist of Destiny ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें