Chapter 13

_
I WOKE UP early and Vaughn almost see me last night. But I'm glad that he and Zyair left after interrogating Landon. Also Landon assured me last night that they won't go here without a notice anymore and he already changed his passcode since Zyair knew it...

A sharp sigh escapes my lips. Starting today, I'm living my own life again, not as Freya, but as me. After I zoned out, I went to the bathroom to take a brief shower...

Then, after having a bath, I wore a simple dress that reaches my knees. Today was supposed to be my first day at Landon's office, but he said that I'll start tomorrow because he'll going to tour me around his company and introduce me to some of his employees...

I looked at myself in the mirror, then when I'm contented with my looks; I stepped out of my room. And it surprised me when Landon's body blocked my view.

"Um... Before we go to my office. L-let's eat first at the cafe near my company," he said, then looked away while scratching the back of his head.

I chuckled because I saw that he's blushing. It's my first time to see him like this. "Alright... Um.. You really look good when you're wearing a suit." I complimented him. He looks different when he's in business attire. He became more handsome...

His eyes went back to me. "R-really?" he stammered.

"Yeah... You look so handsome," I told him while nodding my head.

His eyes lit up from what I said. "Y-you look good as well. I-I m-mean you look b-beautiful," he stuttered and averted his gaze again.

I laughed harder this time. "You look cute while blushing, you know," I stated, while I pinched his cheeks.

He caught my wrist. "I-I d-don't blush!" he defended.

"Fine. You aren't blushing then. So, let's go?" I said and removed his hold on me.

He didn't say a word anymore and just nodded his head then he started to walk so I followed him...

When we reached the parking lot, he's still quiet until we got inside his car. I cleared my throat to have his attention. "What happened to you?" I asked.

He started the engine, then glanced at me. "Nothing. I just can't believe that you're finally here with me," he answered while his eyes were now facing the front.

"Huh? You mean, I accepted your offer to work with you?" I interrogated, confused on his remarks.

"Yeah... That too," he replied.

I'm still confused but didn't ask any follow-up question and just changed the topic. "I'm just wondering if I'm going to be your secretary, then you'll going to fire the person who's in that position?" I asked, kinda guilty since I'll steal that job from his current secretary.

He shook his head. "I won't. He will still work for me. Don't worry about that," he answered. Somehow, I felt relief to his words...

Minutes passed, and we arrived at the cafe. He ordered something for me so I just waited for him in our table.

Then, while waiting for Landon, I heard a beep from my phone.

It was from Freya.

Why would she text me early in the morning? I thought she's not a morning person? It's 7:30, and she's already awake?

I shook my head and open her message.