Chapter 12

_
'I'LL MISS YOU, Vaughn' that's the last sentence I said to him...

I'm now inside the elevator and just let my tears fall. I already removed my eye contacts the moment I step inside. I just let my emotions ruled me again. I don't care anymore. He's not here, so he won't see me in tears. I'm just hoping that he'll be genuinely happy...

I felt that my heart was cracking like a glass, every piece spread throughout my chest like it was a poison. It suffocates me... I inhaled a deep breath, but the tears were still spilling down my face. I feel the muscles of my chin trembles then when my eyes looked towards the door of the elevator; it was now opened. I stepped outside while I pressed my hands on the wall, supporting my weight.

But even if my hands were pressed against the wall, it shakes, it trembles. What's happening to me? Why can I not stop on crying?!

I choose this path and now it's destroying me inside. I didn't think that my feelings for him will develop again. I didn't know that it will hurt me so badly...

I wiped my tears and blew out a heavy breath. You're now free, Fleur. You will not live with lies anymore... not in someone else identity anymore...

After calming myself, I scanned my face in my phone then slowly regained my composure. My hands were still shaking, but I managed to text Avi that I'm already outside.

Just a few minutes, the door of Freya's condo opened. Avi went to me for a hug.

"Wait. Are you alright?" she whispered, still hugging me.

"I-I'm just fine," I assured her, even if my heart was already screaming.

She let go of me. "Sorry to ask. B-but did you cry?" she inquired.

"I-I'm just tired... A-and I miss my family," I reasoned out since I can't tell her the truth.

She nodded and pulled me inside Freya's unit. "I'm sure they miss you as well. It's been months since you last saw them." I'm glad she believed my lies.

We sat on the couch. Then she spoke again. "Um... About Freya. She's on her way. She said that you can work in her company and just stay here in her condo," Avi stated.

"About that. I already found a job so... Um... I'll also stay with my friend," I informed her.

She looked at me with wide eyes. "R-really? I-I mean you have friends here?" she asked, shocked on what I said.

"I'm friends with him ever since I was eight years old. I also used to live here in the city, but we moved out when I was ten." I explained. I'm sure she doesn't know anything about me.

"Oh... I didn't know about that... So, who's that friend of yours?" she asked another question. Maybe she knew Landon since he's Vaughn's cousin.

"He's Lan—" I was cut off by a knock.

Avi stood up and walk towards the door to open it.

Then there I saw Freya... wearing all black...

She passed through Avi and went to me for a hug. I heard a gasp from Avi, surprised at what Freya did.

Freya immediately pulled out from the hug and face me. "How are you, Fleur?" she asked, smiling.

"Fuck!" Avi cursed behind Freya.