Chapter 24

MY HEAD WAS hurting so badly, and as I opened my eyes, I almost fell on the bed when I saw the man beside me.

Am I still dreaming? Why the heck I can see him?! Or I'm just hallucinating?

I rubbed my eyes, then glanced at the bed again. My eyes widened when I can still see Vaughn. He still didn't disappear!

Without having a second thought, I went closer to him and put my hand on his face. I immediately removed it the moment I confirmed that he's not just an illusion. He's freaking real!

Then as I looked at the bed and my surrounding, I realized that this was his room and I slept with him!

Memories from last night popped into my head. I remembered that I came here with Freya. I told her to bring me here because I want to talk to Vaughn, and I recall that Vaughn saw me crying!

But I can't remember what happened after. On how I ended up sleeping with him!

The only thing that's still clear in my head was that I'm with Freya yesterday and we spent our entire afternoon in the club, drinking. That's my first time to drink alcohol, a hard liquor, so I can temporarily forget about the thing that my mom has told me. The truth about my family. About how messed up our family was...

Now I finally knew why the love of my parents failed... It simply because they shared the same blood... Their love was forbidden and people won't accept it so they keep it hidden... not only that, my mom committed a terrible crime when she had me and Freya...

But I guess there's nothing I can do about that since it already happened... yet, there's another truth that keeps on stabbing my heart every time I think of him, and I don't know how to accept it... I don't know if I can avoid the mistake that my mom and dad done before...

The thought that I have an option, taking a risk on the love I have for him... when the truth slaps me so hard knowing that we don't have any chance anymore. It won't work out even if I try to, even if we love each other...

History will surely repeat itself if I pursue it... He's worthy of my love but I'm unworthy to fight for it... because even if he's too close to me, yet it's too far to have him in my arms, it was too far to have him as my man... We can be together, but not something that I imagined and dreamed of...

I snapped when Vaughn's husky voice filled my ears. He already woke up, and he's seriously staring at me. I divert my gaze to somewhere since I can't handle the way his eyes bore at me.

Then I heard him let out a deep sigh before he stood up and went straight to his bathroom. It left me dumbfounded but when I came to my senses; I step out of his room, and without asking for his permission, I went to the room I used to occupy before.

I saw that nothing has changed except the color of the sheet of the bed. I walk towards the bathroom and saw the things I used here before; when I'm taking a shower.

Then I went to the closet, and it startled me when some dresses that Avi and Freya gave me are still inside. I thought Freya already broke her engagement with Vaughn? She explained everything last night. That she ended up their fake marriage. So, why does she still have clothes in here?