Chapter 23

WHEN LANDON left earlier, I immediately saw Freya standing near their entrance door waiting for me. And it stunned me as I gazed at the unfamiliar mansion. It differed from the house we went to before; the house that our grandma owned.

Freya instructed some helpers to carry my luggage earlier and when we got inside the modern classic mansion, I saw how beautiful the interior design was. It screams luxury and elegance.

Our mom welcomed me while she instantly tours me around, then dragged me to my room after. She said that she personally picked the design since she doesn't know what I like.

I'm not against to the design that the room has since she honestly picked the color I like. I don't know how she could come up with that rose gold suits my taste. Maybe she noticed that since all the dress and shirt I have when I'm meeting her, has a touch of it.

And I know that the life ahead of me won't be the same again, and all the truths I know turn into lies, yet all of this happened because the destiny wanted it. Even if new things starting to come into my life, I'm still me. Still the Fleur Alainnah that stuck in the past...

Mom spoke up, pulling me out from my deep thoughts. "You can invite Ylenna here, Fleur. It's been so long since I saw her."

It's been hours since I've arrived here, but I don't feel uncomfortable at all. We just finished eating minutes ago and now we're heading into my room again since mom wanted to talk to me more. Meanwhile, Freya brought our grandma into her room.

I nodded at mom as I plastered a beam on my face. "I'll tell her, mom."

She smiled back, then we both entered my room. Mom sat on the left side of the bed while I sat on the couch near my bed. "I-I know I've missed so many things about you, my Fleuna... And I'm glad that Ylenna was the one who took care of you."

Even if I don't want to think too much, questions starting to come into my head. Maybe now it's the right time to ask what really happened before. "Uhm... H-How did I end up being a Verdone, mom?" I asked hesitantly.

Mom tensed on my question and I thought she will change the topic, but it startled me when she reached for my hand as she answered my question. "Someone took you from us, Fleuna."

A gasp escapes my lips. I never expected that something like that could actually happen in actual life. "W-Why?" the only thing that came out of my mouth scared that another truth will hurt me... It wasn't my mother, right?

I saw how mom tried to get hold of her emotions but I think this topic is too much for her. "B-Because she hated me... She hated everything about me when something happened, Fleuna."

She? Don't tell me it was really my mother, Ylenna? But I don't think she hated anyone!

I shook my head when I feel like my chest is hurting just by thinking about it. I swallowed hard while my hands were trembling. "She? I-Is it mother?" my voice broke.

It's impossible that it's my mother since she loves me with all her heart, she always put me first before my brother. She won't do that... I have faith in her love...

Mom immediately hook her head as she gave me an assuring smile. A sigh of relief came out of my mouth. "I wasn't talking about Ylenna, Fleuna. It wasn't her," she clarified, removing the heavy feeling inside my chest.

"T-Then who?"

Her hold on my hands tightened. "You don't probably know her, Fleuna. But she used to be my bestfriend when I was still in high school. Together with Ylenna. The three of us were best of friends but her hatred for me started when we went to college... W-When I finally met your dad, Kalist." Some pair of tears escape my mom's eyes.