Chapter 11

_
I THOUGHT I was just dreaming last night, and when I opened my eyes, Vaughn was still beside me. I'm not wearing contacts now since I remove them last night, when he's already asleep. And I still want to stay in his arms, I'll just run when he wakes up...

What happened last night thrilled my heart, even just for once, I had him with my arms. I know every minute I shared with him will soon become my memories...

There's no right word to describe how happy was my heart last night and even now. I stared at him more. He looks peaceful while sleeping and his arms were still wrapped on my waist... How I wish I can still stay with him...

I only dreamed to meet him before, but now he's asleep beside me, hugging me, yet, I know that he's still part of my dream... because it was impossible to have him in my reality...

My eyes stayed on his face, memorizing his feature. This man was now near me, yet he's still so far from me...

I slowly moved my body, then lifted my right hand and gently put it on his face.

Thank you for making me happy, Vaughn... for letting me in your arms even if it was just temporary... I know you don't even know that I'm Fleur, but I'm already satisfied and blessed to the moments we had... wherein I neglected the truths for a while, just to have you as my temporary happiness... yet, I know that it will give me permanent scars...

Sorry for everything, Vaughn. I apologized on my mind, then I lose myself next. I can no longer think straight, so I leaned in a little closer and softly pressed my lips on his, but quickly pulled away after.

As much as I tried to hold my emotion inside, the pain just came out like an uproar in form of a silent scream inside my chest. My heart was shouting and clenching and the beads of water fell down into my cheeks, without a sign of stopping. Then, my world turned into a blur so I immediately covered my face using my both hands. I bite my lower lip to prevent any sound.

Then I was about to remove his hand on my waist and get up from the bed so he won't see me in my vulnerable state, when his hold on my waist tightens. He pulled me closer to him and my head hit his hard chest.

My hands stayed on my face, still covering it, and afraid that he'll see me in tears, that he'll see me without contacts. His one hand caught my wrist and tried to pull it away from my face. "Why the fuck are you crying?" he muttered. His voice was low and husky.

I shook my head, and nothing came out of my mouth. And for the second time, his hand successfully removed my remaining hand on my face, then he wiped my tears with his thumb. I closed my eyes to hide my natural eye color. "I'm not fucking blind! Shit! D-did I do s-something wrong while we're s-sleeping?" he asked in his soft voice.

How ridiculous he was to think that way. I'm the one who did something while he's asleep. Instead, he thought opposite.

I smiled weakly and hugged him, then rest my head on his chest. This might be my last day with you, Vaughn. I hope you won't hate me for lying about my identity....

He sighed, and I felt his hand on my hair, slowly combing it. "Why are crying?" he asked again since I still didn't say something to him.

"N-nothing... J-just a n-nightmare," I replied. That nightmare will start tomorrow Vaughn, wherein I'm no longer by your side...

He stopped on what he was doing in my hair. "Nightmare? But you're not crying when you woke up... You're lying again."

My eyes widened on what he said. Crap! Is he awake when I kissed him?! Oh god! That was embarrassing! And wait! He still didn't see my eyes, right?