Chapter 19

_
MOM CALLED me when lunch came, and while we were eating earlier, no one didn't even bother to start a conversation. I guess they are just respecting my silent treatment to them.

I know that they have their reasons why they kept the truth from me... And deep inside me, I'm hoping whatever reason they hide, won't ruin me even more... I'm already broke. I can't take another heartbreaking truth...

Yet, even if I'm hurting so badly, I still want to be part of their family. Even not in blood, because in my heart, I'm still a Verdone. Still the Fleur Alainnah Verdone...

I heard someone spoke up, pulling me out from my thoughts. "We're here, ma'am," I looked at the driver of the cab, and hand him my payment. I smiled and thanked him.

After I ate lunch earlier, I came back to the city. Even if mom told me to stay and spend another night at our house, I told her I can't since I already have work for tomorrow. I can't take another leave since I'm still new in my work. And I don't want to take advantage of my friendship with Landon.

I looked at the building and saw that there are still employees inside. It's still 5:30 in the afternoon and maybe I can wait for him outside the building. But I hope Landon is still in his office. I don't know why, but he's the only person I can talk to right now. I'm already dependent on him since then. I guess I got used of having him when I'm feeling down.

An audible sigh escaped my lips when I heard my phone rang.

My eyes widened when I saw who it was. Freya, my twin sister... Even if I don't want to believe that we're really sister, I can't deny the fact that she is me from head to toe. And I'm a fool who didn't even suspect anything, the first time I met her... Such a fool for not noticing everything...

"Fleuna?" Her voice brought me back into my senses.

"H-Hey!" I said, and changed my tone, so she will not notice that there's something wrong with me.

"Ahm... I-I just... Ahm... D-Did auntie already tell you the—" someone interrupted her, and I felt something touch my heart when I heard a warm voice. "Are you talking to Fleuna, Frenna?"

That's definitely her mother... Our mother... And I guess I have to get use to the new things ahead of me. All I have to do is to accept everything... That's the only thing I can do...

I heard Freya lowered her voice. "Yes, Mamá... But let me talk to her first. We still don't know if she already knew it." I already know what she meant by that.

"A-Alright. Call me if you're done talking to Fleuna," I heard our mom replied.

Even if I want to stay silent and let Freya say something again, I just can't stop my mouth from muttering something. "Is that o-our m-mother?"

I heard a loud gasp from her, but seconds only, she immediately recovered from what I've said. "Y-You... A-Auntie already told you?"

A weak smile formed into my mouth. I don't think I could ever call my mom as aunt. "Y-Yeah. Mom a-already told me about you, about your—I mean o-our f-family."