Epilogue

All my life I thought I don't need someone since my world already crumbled when I was young. I didn't know what love felt like, but the moment I laid my eyes on her; I know that something inside me collapsed and slowly melted. That's when things went on the wrong track where I can't recognize the beat that my heart is making every time she's near. The comfort, the peace that I wish would never end, since just the thought of losing her will surely turn me into a madman.

But, of course, just like the fear I had in my heart and mind the moment I realized I fell for her, that thought was now slowly happening. Everything was now screwed. Not just because she's the daughter of Auntie Fely, but we might be cousin since my grandmother was the older sister of Fleur's grandmother. Even if I still want to fight for the love I have for her, to come up and think of ways in somehow make our family accept our relationship since she has not still had the surname of my dad, yet that truth blows up every card I have... Every way I have to make her mine.

Slowly, I massage my temple and breaths out an audible sigh. It's almost been three years since I left the city and moved here to the kingdom of Cavellia, but my mind and heart were still nowhere to be found. It feels like I left everything behind, including myself. I haven't still recovered from the storm of my emotions, from the pain that I have every night and the possibility that I cannot be with her in this lifetime... where it will be hard for us to continue our love since our past nor destiny will keep us apart, as well as the cruel world we have.

Every night, I can't stop wondering if Fleur still has the same feelings. If she still cares and waiting for me to find my way back to her again. And thinking if those things in the past didn't happen, would I still fall in love with her? Would I be able to find my way to her and will destiny can finally be on our side, not on the cruel truth that keeps us apart?

I shook off my thoughts when I heard a knock coming from the door. It was probably one of the new set of knights that my grandmother has sent me last week. Before I march towards the door, I inhaled a sigh and think of another reason to reject again the position that grandmother wants me to take over.

A man in his late-twenties, who bowed his head from the waist, welcome my sight. "Your Royal Highness, Prince of Cavellia, a relative of yours from a different nation, wants to have an audience with the prince. Her majesty, the queen already approved him to enter the palace, nevertheless, we must wait for your command for him to enter the castle, your highness."

Ever since I left, I lost all of my contact with my relatives in the city. At first, the queen didn't want to approve of me to live here in Cavellia without the permission of father, but later on, I convinced the queen and even asked to never give information about my stay here and block any person I know who will try to intrude my space.

And now, someone I know visited me in this faraway land? I doubted it was dad since I know he somehow didn't want to associate his self in the grounds of the castle anymore.

"Let him get inside. Direct him into the drawing room. I'll be there after a few minutes." I told the knight with my dismissive tone.