Chapter 10

Weeks passed, Vaughn became more even busy with his work. Every day, he'll go to his office early in the morning after eating the breakfast I've made him. He got more busy with his company and I don't know what time he got home during night since I'm already lying on my bed, sleeping.

But everyday I noticed that he became a different person. We became more close and comfortable with each other. And even if he's working, he'll never forget to send me messages and called me when he gets spare time.

And each day, my feelings grow even more. But I'm glad that he's not always with me. Yet, just by his simple text gives me butterflies... And hearing his voice made me think that I'm just living in my dream... But I'm aware of my reality. Being with him will just be temporary because he's with Freya in reality...

I'm currently cooking for our dinner and I've been living in his penthouse for almost seven weeks now. Even if I tried to hide my feelings, I can't stop thinking about the brief moments we shared every day. Everything was memorable for me; the talk, the laugh, happy moments and arguments. I'll treasure all of those and bring them with me...

And I can't help but to smile bitterly when I remember something. Avi visited me yesterday and told me that Freya will be here soon. Also, I already received messages from Freya.

She's coming back, and it breaks my heart to think that I'll leave Vaughn's life... permanently, because the real Freya will be back... That soon, my job as her will end...

Eventually, Vaughn didn't even know me for real. He doesn't know my name and my time with him will end soon... But meeting him and spending weeks with him was enough for me. I can say that I became part of his life, even if it's in someone else identity... And I'm hoping that he'll be happy with Freya...

Meanwhile, I still don't know on where I'll stay after this. But Landon offered me to stay at his place since I'll be working on his company. I want to decline his offer, but I know he won't like it if I said no to him. I know he wants to help me, but I'm still having a second thought about it since I might see Vaughn again if I stayed with Landon. And I know that the more I tried to escape from my destiny, the more it will be difficult for me.

Living with Landon is fine with me, but something was stopping me because I might see Vaughn someday since he's Landon's cousin. Not that I don't want to see him again, I'm just afraid that it will be hard for me since I still have something for him...

Becoming Freya was just supposed to be a job for me, and I know that I'll leave after when she's already here, but the thing I didn't know was she's connected with Vaughn. I know I already buried my feelings for him, and now that he's just near me; I don't know anymore...

Maybe this might be my karma for fooling Vaughn, for lying to him... I hope someday I can finally meet him, not with someone else name, but with mine...

I let out a deep sigh. I must be crazy for thinking about meeting him in the future. I know he might hate me for fooling him, but my crazy heart was still hoping... Hoping that someday I'll see him again wherein he will call me by my actual name... that he'll know me as Fleur.

My thoughts were cut off when someone spoke up, "You're spacing out. Are you okay?"

I panicked when I saw that it was him. Crap! Did I wear my eye contacts? I turned my back at him, then took my phone out of my pocket to check myself.

Thank god I wore them! But he's early today. Maybe he doesn't have any work anymore? I snapped when he said something again. "You alright?" he asked, and he's now in front of me, looking into my eyes.