Chapter 5

_
OH GOD! I think I need someone to talk to right now!

Vaughn's presence was too much for my system! And I felt his intense gaze while we're eating earlier!

I get my own phone and immediately called Landon. He's the one I need. And gosh! I miss this guy!

When he answered the call, I didn't wait for him to say anything. "Hey! How are you?" I asked and made my voice sounds excited.

"You didn't tell me that you already have a job, Fleur," His voice sounds cold.

Crap! I forgot to say that to him! But where did he get that news?

"S-sorry about that," I apologized. This man will stay grumpy and cold if I didn't say sorry.

I heard him exhaling a sharp breath. "So where are you right now? What work did you find?" he's now calm, but I stiffened to what he asked.

Should I tell him that my work was to pretend someone else? That I'm acting to be someone who looks exactly like me? He'll find it ridiculous!

I shook my head to remove my thoughts. I gulped, then answered him, "Uhm... J-Just helping someone. M-My job was like a secretary," I lied. I know he won't buy it, but I still won't say anything to him. It's too complicated.

I heard that he laughed mockingly, "Secretary, huh? Really Alainnah? After you refused my offer before? And now you're telling me you became someone's secretary? You know I won't fucking believe your lies." He said sharply. And if he called me by my second name, that's the cue that he's mad.

I sigh heavily, "I-I'm not lying, Landon," I denied. Sorry, but I have to lie about this, Landon. I'll tell you soon.

He did the same thing. I heard an audible sigh from him. "So now you're keeping a secret from me? I understand. But you can tell me everything, Fleur. Hope you'll trust me to whatever job you have... I'll see you soon," he didn't let me say any more words and already ended the call.

Crap! Landon was now probably angry at me!

I should have told him instead! I know he'll understand my situation, but I have to ask permission to Freya first.

And why did I even choose this in the first place?!

I put down my phone, and it startled me when someone spoke. "Who did you called?" It was Vaughn who asked me, while he's raising his one brow at me.

Did he hear me talking to Landon? Crap! Why I didn't feel his presence!

I swallowed hard and look at him. I'm a kind of person who spills what's inside my head... But when it comes to him... I become mute.

"I-I just called my friend," I admitted. I can hear that my heart was beating so loud because of his gaze. I hope he won't hear it.

His brows furrowed in my answer. "I asked who. Is it Avi? Or that guy?" Seriously?! This man is hard to understand!

"I-It's Avi." I lied. Why would I tell him? I know he doesn't care about me... Wait! Does he care about Freya?!

He glared at me. "So it's that guy," he said, completely ignoring what my answer.

I looked at him with wide eyes, "W-what did you say?" I asked. I was already laughing in my head.

He removed his gazed to me and saw how he took a deep breath while massaging the bridge of his pointed nose. "You're my fiancé now. So you better distance yourself to some guys," he said and walked out without looking into my eyes.