• every single day •

Anakin Skywalker was preparing himself for the 1001st day of battle since the Cosmic Sith War had begun when he got the message that it was finally over.

Overnight, the Jedi had been blessed with more troops and weapons than ever before, causing the Sith to stand down and leading the Jedi to victory before the morning came.

He was shocked, but most of all relieved that he could finally come home.

He could finally come home to you.

You were sitting alone on your balcony the day the Cosmic Sith War had ended. 

A bittersweet feeling had overtaken you. On one hand, your love was finally coming home - your correspondents kept you updated on Anakin Skywalker's wellbeing almost all of the 1000 days of the war, and you knew that he was safe and unharmed for the most part. 

But the only reason the War had come to an end was because Naboo finally chose a side.

They remained neutral for the entirety of the war, but it got to a point where the Jedi had to beg for their help. Queen Mosemi Dystraay agreed, but on one condition; that you, the Princess of Alderaan, married her son, Prince Rixon. 

You were utterly against at it first. Though you and Anakin weren't officially in a relationship when he left, you knew that he held your heart forever, and you his.

But your father spent an hour showing you the gruesome, gritty facts of the war. You had already lost many friends and colleagues to the Sith, and now that the Jedi's numbers were so low compared to the enemy soldiers, you were afraid Anakin would soon be one of the buried ones.

So you did what you had to for his survival. You accepted Rixon's hand, signing away your life so that Anakin could keep his.

The Royal Wedding was mere weeks away, but your mind was solely on tonight.

Because tonight, the Jedi were coming home.

The ball your father held that night to celebrate the end of the War was grand and excessive.

A new dress made from teal silk was tailormade for you that same day, and you spent hours with the seamstress as she tried to get every inch of it to perfectly hug your body.

A new necklace found itself on your bedside table after your bath, signed Rixon Dysteraay along with an obnoxious picture of himself, as though you had forgotten what he looked like since three days earlier.

An old ring caught your eye. It had a thin gold band and the prettiest ruby gem sitting in the middle, making your heart skip a beat.

"I have a present for you, Princess," Anakin announced with a smug smirk on his lips.

You frowned, but were able to hold back your smile as you and him walked through the gardens. "And what might that be, Knight?"

He shook his head and chuckled, "I hate when you call me that."

"Well, when you get promoted to Jedi Master, we can reconsider what I call you," You suggested teasingly.

"And when you become Queen-"

"You can still call me Princess," You cut him off shyly, nudging his arm. It was no secret that you each had a soft spot for each other, though it was delving into much deeper territory with every conversation you shared.