• one true love •

requested by Laelamarley thank you for being so patient ! xx

Life hadn't treated you well.

By 5, you had been orphaned.

By 8, you had watched your sister get euthanized because she spent every waking moment in excruciating pain.

By 11, you had learnt to push down the memories and the sadness that came with them, having studied the ways of the Jedi.

But, by some miracle, it seemed that your fate was changing.

By 16, you had been made a Jedi Knight.

By 19, you had gained a reputation of being one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy.

And by 22, you had finally allowed yourself to put down your emotional guards and fall in love with Anakin Skywalker.

He was everything to you. He was the Sun on cold mornings, he was the breeze blowing through humid afternoons, he was every single star lighting up the midnight sky.

But there was another.

Lanita Frow.

You could sense it in him. The conflict in his soul. He didn't even bother hiding it.

He hadn't decided which out of the two of you he wanted more, and his lack of decision was killing you. They had history, and you knew that - but you were perfect for him. You opened up to each other, understood one another, and fit together like pieces of a puzzle.

Anakin still felt something for Lanita, however, preventing him from fully giving himself to you. And this filled you with frustration, which quickly turned to anger when you weren't able to healthily express it.

Perhaps it was the bubbling rage that allowed your mind to be easily controlled by Palpatine, and he had soon turned you into his loyal puppet.

"Lanita and Mars got promoted, but not me," You seethed, your hands clenching into fists. "They don't think I'm ready to be a Master yet, or even part of the council! And they think I don't know why. They fear I'll follow the path my parents took. My parents did what they did to protect their children - was that so bad?"

"They fear what they don't understand," The Chancellor said, looking down at you from where he stood. "The Dark Side can give you unlimited power, and skills that the Jedi wouldn't dare to dream of."

If you were having this conversation a year ago, you would never have even considered his words to be true, and would have immediately reported him to the Council. But you had reached a point in life where you could easily be seduced to change your entire mindset, and Palpatine not only knew this, but had a hand in bringing you to that point.

You weren't yet ready to commit to betraying the Jedi, however, which he could sense.

"Go and rest, Y/N," He said, a false look of kindness on his features. "We will speak again in the morning."

Anakin was waiting outside your apartment when you got home. "Y/N, finally."

You were delighted to see him, your heart skipping a beat when he gave you a smile. "What are you doing here, Anakin?"

"I missed you," He admitted, taking your hands in his. "I wanted to see you."

In disbelief at his words, you let out a soft laugh. "Really? You missed... me?" You put emphasis on the last word in hopes that he would understand what you were truly asking - did he miss you more than Lanita?