• too good for me •

"I swear, Anakin, they'll love you," You promised, as you pulled him up the pathway to your childhood home. "You have nothing to be worried about."

He gave you a smile, but you could tell that he was nervous. "I know, baby."

You knocked on the door and waited excitedly for a few moments before your mother opened the door, a wide grin on her face. "Ah, Y/N! It's been so long!" She pulled you in for a tight hug. 

"Mom, this is the guy I was telling you about," You said with a smile before turning to him. "Anakin Skywalker."

"Oh, he's even prettier than you described!" She exclaimed, before wrapping her arms around him. She gasped and pulled back, a mischievous look in her eyes. "He feels very strong."

"Mother, please," You sighed before making your way into the house, her and Anakin following behind. "Where's Dad?"

"Right here," He announced with a grin as he left the kitchen. His eyes fell to Anakin and he raised his eyebrows, "And who's this?"

"I'm Anakin Skywalker, Sir," He greeted as he stepped forward, holding out his hand. Your father shook it and gave him a once-over, and you hoped he wouldn't be too hard on him. "It's great to finally meet you both. Your daughter is a wonderful woman."

"We know," Your mother said with a proud look as she wrapped her arm around you. "I hope you're taking care of her."

"Mom," You grumbled sternly, but Anakin just chuckled.

"Don't worry, Mrs Y/L/N. I make sure to treat her like the princess she is," He said, shooting you a wink when they weren't looking. 

"That's a relief to hear," Your father said, before holding out his arms. "Let's adjourn to the dining room before dinner gets cold."

He led you through the door where you saw the dining table fully decked out with the home-cooked food you had missed so much. Your father sat at the head of the table while your mother sat to the left of him, and you and Anakin sat opposite her. 

"Where's Rogan?" You asked while your father poured wine into your glasses. 

Your mother sighed before you heard footsteps bound down the stairs, and your brother entered the room. He looked pissed off when he noticed Anakin sitting next to you, and rolled his eyes before sitting next to your mother.

"Rogan, don't be rude to our guest," Your father said sternly. "This is Anakin, he's your sister's boyfriend."

"Yeah, whatever," Rogan muttered, picking up his fork. You placed your hand on Anakin's under the table and squeezed it reassuringly. 

"It's nice to meet you, Rogan," Anakin said politely, but your brother just huffed and began to eat. Your mother mouthed an apology to Anakin who just shook his head and smiled, too polite to get pissed off like he would've done if anyone else was that rude to him.

"Anakin, being a Jedi must take so much discipline," Your mother commented before taking a sip of wine. "I'm sure it's a greatly rewarding job, though. Am I right in thinking that you've been promoted to Jedi Master?"

"Mom," You whisper-shouted, widening your eyes at her in an effort to shut her up.

"It's fine, baby," Anakin mumbled to you before looking up at your mother. "Actually, I'm still just a Jedi Knight. The Council haven't promoted me, just yet."

"Well, I'm sure they will soon," She assured, and you hoped that Anakin didn't find her tone too condescending.

"Here's hoping," Anakin agreed, tilting his glass towards her.