• promise (final) •

fourth and last instalment of the promise saga, i promise

You trudged over the muddy floor of the forest, your neck aching from sleeping on the ground the night before. The only saving grace was the fact that Anakin was walking alongside you, pulling away branches that were too high up to have been in your way, but you appreciated the thought anyway.

"Why can't Vurn just kill her?" You asked him begrudgingly. Delphi was, as always, walking at the front of the group, Kallo and Vurn in the middle while you and Anakin trailed slowly at the back.

"What have you spent the last 8 years doing?" He asked you, completely ignoring your question.

You let out a sigh, "As much as I'd love to talk to you, shouldn't you be trying to impress Delphi right now?" If he was going to ignore your question, you'd ignore his.

"That doesn't matter to me," Anakin replied. "I want to know what you've been doing."

Walking along, you flicked off a wet leaf from your thigh. "Gems, jewels, precious rocks."

Anakin waited a few moments before saying, "Makes sense."

You frowned; there was nothing from your past life that suggested you'd be interested in diamonds and sapphires. "Why does it?"

He opened his mouth to answer, before shaking his head, his cheeks tinging pink. "Ah, forget it."

"What, Anakin?" You pushed, nudging his shoulder.

A smile grew on his lips, his eyes unable to meet yours. "I was going to say something about you being a pretty gem yourself."

You let out a groan, rolling your eyes. "For the sake of the stars, Anakin."

"I thought I could get you to kiss me again," He defended quickly, as though his excuse made it any better. "It's all I've been thinking about for the last eight years."

Stopping in your tracks, you folded your arms across your chest and shot him a stern look. "Well think again, Swordman. It's gonna take a lot more than a cheesy compliment to get another kiss from me."

Anakin looked ahead to the group who were a long distance away, before grabbing your arm and pulling you behind a large tree. Once he had you held against it, he looked down at you, tilting his head. "Is that so?"

Not caring about anything else, you quickly kissed him, pulling away before he had a chance to realize what was happening, let alone reciprocate.

He smirked, "If that's what a cheesy compliment gets me, I can't wait 'til you hear my line about your, uh," He snuck a look down to your chest, "Precious rocks."

You immediately pushed him off of you with an eye-roll, ignoring his laughs while rushing off to join the rest of the group. They were sitting around a clearing, taking a break from the walk and hydrating. Once Anakin arrived behind you, Vurn shot Kallo a pointed look. Kallo nodded before engaging Delphi in conversation, stalling her while Vurn walked over to you and Anakin.

"Ready to execute Plan B?" Vurn asked you both with a raised eyebrow. Plan A was what they had decided on initially, before you and Kallo arrived.

"Absolutely," You replied with a nod.

Anakin lowered his voice, his face void of the cheeky smile you had witnessed just moments ago. "Okay Y/N, you're up. You know what you have to do."