• one day •

continuation of  i like it

• • •

Unfortunately, you didn't get the opportunity to see Anakin Skywalker for a while after your first meeting. A few months later, your father informed you and your mother that he was planning on visiting Yoda on Coruscant to discuss their plans.

"I've decided that we will join the Jedi Order in their fight against the Sith," He announced during dinner one evening. "They need our resources and our support, so perhaps it's time for Corellia to finally join a side."

"That's wonderful," Your mother said. She had always wanted Corellia to join the Jedi as she was a firm believer that the Jedi could improve the entire galaxy. 

"I'll go to Coruscant first thing tomorrow," Your father revealed, which immediately piqued your interest. "I've informed Yoda that I'll be coming."

"Can I come?" You asked, putting down your spoon and sitting up straight. "I would love to see what it's like there."

"That's a great idea, Y/N," Your father beamed. "Meet me by my ship tomorrow morning."

The next morning, you dragged Joni into your chambers and sat down at the mirror. "Jones, I need to look amazing. Work your magic!"

Joni laughed and shook her head. "You're too much. I knew there was something suspicious going on when you spent all morning in the gardens with that Jedi boy."

"Master Skywalker," You mumbled with a sly smile. "I just want to look good for my first visit to a new planet. Is that so wrong?"

She playfully rolled her eyes as she began to comb your hair, "Of course not, my lady. Just remember not to get attached; he is a Jedi after all."

"Are you sure they're not allowed to fall in love?" You asked, hoping she'd say no. With how flirtatious and forward Anakin was being the day you met, you'd never have thought it was against the law for him to have feelings for you.

"I'm sure, Y/N," Joni said with a sigh. "It's sad, but it's true. So don't go falling in love with any of them; you have plenty of suitors right here on Corellia."

You grimaced at her words. "Ew, no thanks. The men here are terrible. But Anakin-"

Joni gasped and grabbed your shoulders. "But Anakin what?"

"Nothing," You said quickly. "Now shut up and do my hair."

Hours later, you finally landed on Coruscant. It was a lot less rural than Corellia and had a bustling city life, but you were excited by how different it was. You and your father entered the Jedi Council building, where a member of staff took you upstairs to Yoda's office.  

"Wait out here, dear, while I speak to the Council," Your father said, making you pout.

"I have to wait out here alone the whole time?" You whined, folding your arms across your chest. "Why can't I come in?"

"We're discussing important political things, Y/N," He said with a serious tone. "While I would love for you to learn about your future job, you are still much too young to discuss war."

"I can keep you company, Lady Y/N," A familiar voice called out from behind you. You turned around to see Anakin Skywalker, causing butterflies to erupt in your stomach. He walked towards you, a small smirk on his face. "Let me return the favour and give you a tour of the place."

"Grand idea, Padawan. You two have fun!" Your father said before turning and entering the meeting room, leaving you two alone. Anakin didn't seem to appreciate being called Padawan, but the look of annoyance quickly left his face as his eyes landed on you.