• fire p2 •

took another really long break but i managed to find some motivation to write today !
and to celebrate THIRTY THOUSAND FAKKIN READS, i've written part 2 of
• fire •, back by popular demand

(by 'popular demand' i mean 3 people asked for it-)

"Be on your best behaviour; don't respond to his insults or abuse, and do as he says." 

Anakin's whispered orders ran through your mind every day since he left, and you were determined to follow them. 

For three months, you had been more obedient than ever before, going above and beyond to please Ordak. You complimented him, agreed with him, and fake smiled so much that you'd go to bed with sore cheeks. 

"Fire, get over here," He called out from the bench on which he was sitting besides another one of his wives. You stood up from the grass, dropping the red rose in your hand to the ground and turned to walk over to him.

"Yes, sir?" You asked softly, with raised eyebrows. 

He tapped Giselda on the shoulder, just before she got up and left, leaving the two of you alone. Ordak looked up at you, a small smirk on his lips. "I want you in my chambers tonight."

"It may be hard, but you have to do whatever he asks of you," Anakin said reluctantly, unable to look you in the eyes as he spoke. "I hate that it has to be this way... but it's the only way I can get you out of here."

"Yes, sir," You replied with a single nod.

That night, you replayed Anakin's words in your head, because it was the only way you'd get through it without wanting to die. As hard as it was to hold back your rebellion and remain subordinate to his every demand, you gritted your teeth and got on with it.

"It's the only way I'll get rewarded," You uttered as Anakin held your hands. "It's the only way he'll let me see my son."

He had even removed the Force-repressing cuffs for good, but you never used the Force in order to prove your loyalty and obedience to him.

One morning, you were wiping the windows clean when Ordak entered the room. You continued cleaning, but turned your head to the right to look at him. "Good morning, sir."

"Good morning, Fire," He greeted, and he seemed to thankfully be in a good mood as he smiled at you. "You've been so good to me, recently. Tell you what, how about I arrange for you to see your son today?"

Your heart almost stopped at his words, your eyes widening.

"When he does bring it up, stay calm," Anakin advised you. "He cannot grow suspicious of our plan."

"That... that would be nice, sir," You replied to Ordak, trying to hold back your excitement. "I would really appreciate it."

"You deserve it," He said with a sly grin. "Finish up your work here and I'll call you to the common room when he arrives."

Time couldn't have passed any slower after he left, and you rehearsed the plan in your head over and over as the excruciatingly long hours went by. Almost five hours later, you were called down, and you had to hold back from running into the common room.

You took a deep breath and slowly pushed the door open, almost bursting into tears when you saw your son sitting on a velvet lounger in the middle of the room. You couldn't help but run over to him and swoop him up into your arms, clutching him tightly. It had almost been 8 months since you last saw him, which was the longest you had been apart.