CHAPTER 51

Sawyers warm hand squeezes mine hard. I look down at them before gulping and looking back at Whit.

"Look. Unless you give me what you stole everything will turn to shit. The world as you know it gone." Whit places his glass of bourbon down and leans in.

"What is he talking about?" Jospeh asks.

"I think we should talk in private." Evan jumps in, he gives a knowing look to Sawyer who nods in agreement.

"Oh. They don't know." Whit states, leaning comfortably back into his seat. A menacing look on his face as he looks around the room.

"What is going on?" Avery crosses her arms.

My eyes are on Whit the whole time. I don't notice myself sinking further into Sawyer.

"Your precious Sawyer kidnapped my niece. Has stolen something dangerously valuable. He's caused more trouble in the past months and he doesn't know what or how to stop what is happening." Whit announces.

Sawyer snorts. "That's stretching it a bit."

"You're going to sit there and tell me she willingly went with you, the day you all ran?" Whit argues, his death stare on Sawyer the whole time. 

Sawyers face hardens. I scoot forward,

"I did. I wanted to go with them." I defend.

Sawyers head quickly turns to me. He gives me a 'what are you doing' look and I shrug.

Whit smiles at our interaction, not believing anything I say.

"Brainwashing as well, Sawyer?" Whit questions, just trying to provoke a reaction out of all of us. His condescending tone makes my blood boil.

"Get on with the point, Whit." I say, anger fueling my courage. I've never talked back to him I've always been so polite, but looking at him makes me want to murder him.

"If you don't stop whatever you undid you won't be able to stop what is coming."

I watch as Sawyers features show a hint of confusion before realization hits him.

Whit laughs, "We've been tracking your time jumps boy." Whits voice rises by the end of the sentence, anger taking over. He composes himself as he waits for Sawyer to say something.

How is he tracking the times we travel? Does Sawyer know?

"You've had four just yesterday. One of those jumps had a slightly different agenda. We won't bother discussing the other incidents or the details." He smiles.

"Bluffing." I hear Sawyer say just above a whisper, only loud enough for me to hear. I look around the room, everyone looks worried and I can't help but feel like this is all my fault.

"What other instances?" I question.

"Just face it. The more you try to fix this the bigger the problem gets. Before you know it you will be lost in the thousands of loops." Whit continues to confuse me.

"That's enough." Evan jumps in. Sawyer springs aggressively toward Whit and grabs onto his shirt collar.

"We all know why you're here. Now leave." Sawyer barks. Whit stays calm under Sawyers threatening tone.

Why is Whit here?

"So she doesn't know." Whit says, studying my questioning look. Sawyers grip loosens for a a second before he grips harder, making Whit cough. Sawyer is pulled off of Whit in seconds when three large men enter the house. He laughs while coughing and trying to catch his breath. "Secrets, secrets, secrets. They do tend to come out eventually." He chuckles to himself.