CHAPTER 74

"I'm sorry." Sawyer says. I sniffle into his chest and look up at him, confused.

I raise an eyebrow as he looks down at me.

"I'm sorry." He whispers again. "I'm so sorry." He says. We stay tightly help together for a while.

"You have to admit your life is pretty shitty." Sawyer whispers. I pull away from him, and wipe my eyes.

"What?" I ask and softly laugh to myself. "You're right." I cry and laugh at the same time. Sawyer pulls me into a hug again, trying to keep his laugh inside.

"I promise from here on out, I'll make it the best." He says.

"Pinky promise?" I stick out my pinky.

"Pinky." He says and as he's about to loop our pinkies I pull away.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I warn and he squints his eyes at me.

"I can keep this one." He nods. "Easily." He says cockily.

"Sawyer? Where the hell have you been?" We hear Avery barge through the door. I quickly pull away from Sawyer but Sawyer pulls me back to him and we're completely engulfed in darkness.

I immediately feel the heat. The brightness hurts my eyes and I hear Sawyer groan beside me.

"Somehow you always land on me." He says annoyed and I help him up.

"I'm sorry." I can't help but laugh at his pain. He breathes in holding his private part for a while. He places his arm around my shoulders as he balances.

"You're being dramatic." I roll my eyes. I can feel his glare.

"You try having a whole as human smash your balls." He breathes out.

"How about one smash your heart." I mutter but he doesn't hear.

I finally look around and notice we're in Whits and Sawyers backyard.

"Why are we here?" I question. It seems like it's the middle of summer. No one seems to be home. I stare down the house I thought was home and goosebumps raise on my arm.

Sawyer intertwines his fingers in mine and leads me to the woods.

"Treehouse." He smiles and I nod still confused.

I follow after him and climb.

"Why are we here?" I question and start to break a sweat.

"Couldn't stand to hear Averys voice." He shrugs.

"So out of all places, here?" I question. I spot a mini fridge and head for it. I can hear Sawyer softy chuckle behind me as he leans against the wall. He's only in his fancy pants, the heat getting to him. I don't blame him, that suit is hot and heavy.

I turn away, slightly uncomfortable and kind of feeling like I'm doing something wrong, but all I'm doing is getting a drink.

I quickly reach into the fridge and grab a cold soda.

"Sorry, but I'm really thirsty." I let him know. He smirks, not saying anything. He pushes himself away from the wall and stalks closer to me.

I feel like prey as he walks closer and I take a step back, bumping into the mini fridge. The treehouse grows smaller and smaller with every step he's taking. I freeze unable to move any further as he closes the last bit of distance between us. He has me caged in on both sides and I hold my breath. My breath hitches as I feel his arm slowly slide down my arm as he slowly lowers himself and grabs a soda from the fridge.