CHAPTER 26

I wake up sweating, but unable to move. I slowly open my eyes trying to get a glimpse of where I am. My eyes adjust to the darkness and I'm in a small bedroom. I'm tucked tightly into bed, blankets upon blankets hugging me to death.

I lift them off of me and get up. I don't feel nauseous anymore but I feel like I have a fever. I get out of bed and try to find the light switch. The bright light hurts my eyes, but I adjust. I'm in comfortable pajamas, something I was not in earlier.

I just hope it wasn't Sawyer who changed me...

I check the small dresser and it's fully clothed with clothes that are my size. I check the closet, same thing. I look in the bathroom and there is everything I need.

I look at the small table near my bed and I have a camera, and all my drawing things.

Okay.

I open the door that leads into a small hallway and I walk toward the light.

"Hello?" I call out, dazed. I rub the sleep from my eyes. I feel sweat dripping from my forehead.

I walk further and I end up in a different hallway, a bigger one. There are arch ways leading into different areas. I catch a glimpse of a kitchen. I turn around and see a living room area. I don't hear anyone or see anyone.

I turn around back to the hallway I just came through and hit something hard.

"I'm sorry." I look up to see Sawyer.

"It's fine." He says, eyeing me up and down.

I swing back and forth on the balls of my feet, not knowing what to do.

"Where is everyone?" I question, interrupting Sawyer from saying something.

"They're out." He shrugs. He has glasses on, it makes him look edgier, yet innocent. Almost like Superman, in a way? He's not paying attention to me, he's intensely reading something on a clip board.

Makes sense, he did bump into me.

"Out where?" I ask.

He looks up at me, his glasses slipping down his nose, as he does.

"Not sure. To get food, I think." He says, shrugging again. He puts his clip board under his armpit and looks at me. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I have a fever. Do you have Motrin or Tylenol or something?" I ask, looking around. "It's like a maze in here." I mutter.

He looks at me, not sure what he's thinking.

"Erm, sure." He says and he walks back into the hallway I just came from and into a large bathroom.

He opens drawers and searches each one until he sees a ton of medicine organized neatly under the sink.

"These should lower your fever." He says with a small smile.

"Thank you." I take it from his hand.

"You need water." He says and he rushes out of the bathroom and I follow after him.

We enter a large kitchen and it feels like we walked a mile before we reached the refrigerator. He opens it and everything you can dream of is in there. Sodas, juices, cold coffees, and refrigerated snacks.

My eyes widen at the sight of everything.

He pulls out a water bottle and hands it to me.

"Take two pills, but eat a banana first. You haven't eaten since yesterday." He says, handing me a banana.