CHAPTER 58

I'm finally registered for online school. I'm in a nursing program to hopefully become a doctor in two years. I'm three months in. I sometimes have to go in for labs and dissections but it's fun. I mostly try to draw everything I see so I can study when I'm back home.

"You done with school for today?" Evan asks, he catches me eating a bowl of cereal. Today's test was hard and I just want to burry myself in blankets and go to sleep.

"Thank god." I groan.

"School isn't that hard."

"That test was brutal. I get my results back in two hours." I sigh, not wanting to take another bite of my food. If I pass this test I can be in all honors classes and graduate faster.

"Joseph is coming back this weekend." Evan says as he pulls out a smoothie from the fridge.

"Doesn't he come every weekend?" I question. What's so special about this weekend?

"He's only getting to do that because the military base is close by. Eventually he will have to leave."

My stomach sinks at those words. Leave. I've left, Sawyers left, Joseph is leaving. Who next? It probably won't be long until we have to pick up and leave again. Evan has been pacing in his office longer now. I know know something is up, and I think it has something to do with Whit. He's planning something and we're in constant danger.

Evan has warned me that I can be doing something and I wouldn't know if someone were to kidnap me, especially the dangerous people who work for Whit. They want whatever Sawyer has.

"Leaving...." I whisper.

"What?" Evan questions. I sit up straighter, almost forgetting he's in here.

"What? Oh nothing." I tersely smile.

"I have a very important meeting. Don't scream, yell, bump into anything that can make a loud noise and for the love of all things good, please let Avery know when she comes back. She always barges into my office." He gives me a pointed look and I nod, swallowing hard at how harsh his words are.

"What kind of meeting?" I question.

"I told you. An important one." He tersely smiles at me.

"Oh, Sawyers attitude." I glare at him. He rolls his eyes, takes his smoothie and walks out.

I guess it's an important meeting. That only means one thing, I ease drop.

I wait fifteen minutes and I hear him talking. It's mumbles and the closer I get to his office door the more the floor creaks.

"I'm home." Avery calls out and I rush over to her.

"Shut up." I whisper and wave my hands and gesture for her to stay quiet.

"Why?" She questions confused. I point towards Evans door,

"He's in an important meeting." I whisper, she nods and takes off her coat.

"Today was exhausting. Some lady yelled at me for cutting in line, when I did not. And even if I did I let her have her spot back, but she still made a scene. She threatened to call the cops." Avery rolls her eyes. "I wish Sawyer was there, he would have done something. He would have Knick picked some guilty things she's done just by looking at her and black mailed her to the end of the freaking line." She breathes out.

"Really? Tell me more." I nod, slowly walking to Evans door. Avery lies down on the couch, eyes closed as she rants about her day, too into her story to notice I'm not paying attention to a single word. She'll fall asleep eventually.