CHAPTER 20

The cold from the a.c wakes me up. I stretch out, my eyes closed. Sawyer isn't here, his body heat kept me hot all night.

I try going back to sleep but the clanging of pots and something falling stirs me out of my peaceful state and I grudgingly get up.

My hair is a curly mess and I have a trail of dry drool running down the side of my mouth and down my neck.

My head is slightly pounding as I stand in the warm shower. It has to be eight in the morning and I'm so thirsty.

I quickly finish my shower and brush my teeth. My hair is a different color but it's back to curly. I missed it.

I walk down stairs and stop when I hear laughing. I slowly enter the kitchen and see Sawyer with an apron on and Lauren right beside him. She plops a baby tomato in his mouth as he whisks something in a bowl.

I don't have time to back out of the kitchen when I sneeze unnecessarily loud. Damn allergies.

Lauren gasps and turns around, "Opal, you scared me. I didn't see you there." She nervously laughs.

She wipes her hands on her apron, and clears her throat, "We're making breakfast." She says.

I feel her uneasiness and awkwardness. I look over to Sawyer but he doesn't give me his time of day.

"Try this." He taps Lauren on the shoulder to get her attention. She opens her mouth and Sawyer slowly feeds her a strawberry.

"Mmm, it's so sweet." She says, wiping the juice from the side of her mouth.

My stomach turns and I catch myself glaring at her, this ugly feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Sawyer finally turns to me, "Oh, morning." He says as if barley realizing I'm there.

I smile, a tight smile and walk out of the kitchen. I end up bumping into Jospeh, who still looks half asleep.

"Jospeh." I excitedly say and hug him really tight. He laughs not expecting a hug from me.

"Good morning to you to." He hugs me back.

"I thought I was never going to see you guys. Sawyer took me into the woods. I really thought he was going to kill me." I exaggerate and Jospeh glares at Sawyer.

I'm standing beside Jospeh, he doesn't let me go and embraces me with one arm.

"And when you guys left... I didn't know what to do."

"Oh, please." I hear Sawyer spit under his breath. His gaze meets mine his eyes ice cold.

"Hungry?" Jospeh intertwines his finger in mine and I smile.

"Starving."

"What's for breakfast, Soy Sauce." Jospeh says and I laugh at the nickname Jospeh gives Sawyer.

"Did I just hear soy sauce?" Avery walks in, "eww gross." She gags.

"You haven't used that in a while." Evan walks in, laughing.

Sawyer ignores us but flips us all off.

"Where's Daniel? Is he still sleeping?" I question. They all eye each other and Jospeh speaks first.

"He left early this morning. He has family near by. He's going to stay with them." He explains and I look at them confused.

Isn't that dangerous?

"Right.." I say not believing a word.

"Ok, for breakfast we're having French toast, eggs, bacon and sausages, and some fruit. Oh and there's yogurt." Lauren comes in with different plates of food and lays them out on the table.