CHAPTER 48

It's like every other day. I'm feeling bored, trapped and in a loop. I practically do the same thing everyday. Wake up, get a check up, eat, and draw. I've been avoiding Sawyer the past week ever since he kissed me.

"Morning." Avery smiles. She sits by me. We're in the front yard sitting under the shade. I brought a large blanket and a few pillows to relax. The cold is staring to set in but today is a nice warm day.

"Hi." I greet, focused on the shading I'm doing with my drawing.

"Still drawing those creepy things I see." She shivers and lies on her stomach as she watches me draw. "Didn't Sawyer say if he catches you drawing those...."

I interrupt her, "Sawyer can't tell me what to do. I draw what I want. He can throw them away all he wants but I will continue drawing them." I say in a sing song voice while I roll my eyes.

I may have become extremely obsessed with drawing these these zombie creature things but they're so vivid in my mind I can't do anything but draw them out.

"Why not draw like flowers or something?" She questions gesturing to a rose bush not far from us.

Roses aren't my thing.

"I've drawn those thousands of times." I roll my eyes and she snorts.

"Are you listening to yourself?" She laughs.

"I've seen these stupid pictures everywhere." She points at my drawing.

I sit up and turn to her, "Did you come out here to badger me or?" I question, annoyed by her pestering.

"Sorry." She whispers and stares at my drawing.

I pull my sleeve up without thinking and I hear her gasp.

"What?" I question. I accidentally draw a dark line across the picture, ruining the image.

"Opal. Your arm. What the hell?" She questions and I quickly pull down my sleeve.

"It's nothing." I quickly try shrugging it off. I know it's bad and it's burning like hell.

"That's not nothing. It's literally bleeding." She tries grabbing my arm but her touching it will make it hurt and I move away from her before she can.

"It's just a rash."

"It looks bad, Opal. Has Sawyer seen it?"

"It's just a rash. I probably ate something I was allergic to." Completely ignoring the part about Sawyer. If he sees this he'll make a huge deal. It's just a simple rash, should be gone in a day or two.

Hopefully.

"That's no ordinary rash." She counties, her eyes glued to my now covered arm.

"Drop it please. Sawyer doesn't need to know every single detail of my life." I plead, hoping she'll take my side on this. Her and Sawyer have been on not so good terms.

"Doesn't need to know what?" Sawyer says, in a dangerous sort of voice. She gives me a worried look as she frowns before getting up and brushing off any grass from her sweats. She sighs before she answers Sawyer.

"It's nothing, Sawyer." She mumbles before walking away.

As soon as Avery is out of ear shot Sawyer plops right beside me.

"What have you done this time?" Sawyer asks playfully but his face states other wise.

I pull down my sleeve harder and breathe out.

"Nothing." I smile. We both stare at each other, I know he doesn't believe me but I'm not breaking eye contact. I know your little tricks Sawyer.

"Why are you up so early?" He questions. He has a few purple grapes in his hands and he plops one into his mouth. My drawing book is out of view and I need it to stay like that.