CHAPTER 89

Sawyer pulls me into a hug.

"Don't panic. Everything will be alright. We're going to be a small family." He says and my heart sinks.

Right, family.

"Yeah." Is the only thing I can whisper. I'm surprised he isn't more in shock or angry about this. He seems excited about this baby.

"How long have you known?" He asks and my heart sinks further, but Joseph taught me what to say. We went over every possible scenario.

"A couple of weeks. I didn't know if I should tell you or not." I shrug, pretending to be scared of what could have been.

"I would never be angry about this." He says. It seems like baby fever is clouding his judgment because he isn't questioning me. He already assumes it's his.

I smile up at him, "Good to know."

He pulls me into him again and I can't help but be disgusted with myself.

"One more thing. I don't want anyone to know until I'm fully showing." I tell him. Right now, I'm almost five or six months in but my stomach hasn't popped out. You can tell there's a bump but not really. I'm sure it will bulge out the closer I get to the due date.

He stares at me with admiration and I look at the ground in front of me. I didn't think I'd feel this guilty.

He places his warm hands on my cheeks and moves my head up to look at him. He pulls me in for a sweet kiss. I pull away from him and pat him on the arm.

"Looks like you're going to be a father." I nervously say and pat him one more time on the butt and head out of the bathroom.

I breathe as soon as I'm safe in my room. My heart is beating so fast.

I hear a knock a few moments later and Avery rushes inside.

"You told him, didn't you?" She squeals.

"How do you know?" I cross my arms and she rolls her eyes,

"Please, both of you in the bathroom? He walks out with a pep in his step and grinning ear to ear..." she deadpans.

I shrug, "How do you know we just didn't do it?" I lamely argue and she laughs.

"Please, you both have more class than that." She says and I can't disagree more.

So much class, I'm having a baby with his brother.

"Right."

"So, I'm guessing he took it well?" She asks, "with it not being his?" She questions further.

"I didn't tell him that detail." I confess and her head is shaking no.

"No. Opal. Are you stupid? You can't do that to him." Shes so pissed off that her voice is coming out like a high screeched whisper.

"It's done." I tell her.

"Opal. You better go down there and tell him the truth. His heart will be broken but that's better than betrayal. He trusts you with all his heart, don't ruin that." She tries to convince me but what's done is done.

"Can't." I tell her and she sighs out as she paces back and forth.

"Opal." She says my name, pleading for me to come to my senses.

"I'll face whatever I have to face when the time is right." I weakly smile at her and she scowls as she angrily leaves my room.

When I compose myself, I walk into a fit of laughter. Everyone is in the living room playing games, the tv noise being drowned out.